Official HASLs & CGs in the works

greuh

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Whoaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Will that HASL be made available in stand-alone or will it only be included in the new French box?

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Whoaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Will that HASL be made available in stand-alone or will it only be included in the new French box?
Since this is some time into the future, I doubt any final decision has been taken at this moment.

echack

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Whoaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
MMP has said in the past that they haven't decided on whether or not to include Dinant in the revised Croix de Guerre.

greuh

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
As I've already got CdG, I don't intend to buy it again (same is true for all Core Modules - still miss HP, though).

And any other box, in fact : as my budget is very small, I have to make choices.

Bob Walters

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
As I've already got CdG, I don't intend to buy it again (same is true for all Core Modules - still miss HP, though).

And any other box, in fact : as my budget is very small, I have to make choices.
Lucky man, I had hoped to buy a copy of CdG on eBay this morning but I can not see spending over $150 for two boards and three hundred and something counters.

wrongway149

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Amended to reflect yesterday's announcement.

Slaughter At Ponyri
Action on the north flank of the Kursk salient, July '43.
  • (CG map, 15 scenarios in development)
  • Jim Aikens, Jeff Coyle, Pete Shelling, Chas Smith & Matt Zajac
  • Early Playtest
  • HASL module
Well this is way past 'Early playtest';)
In fact it is at the point of being mostly like 'work', and not the fun, creative stuff.

Sometimes the hardest part to get past, even though smaller in scope.

But I am still hoping for a 2017 pre-order. That part is not up to the design team, however.

GeorgeBates

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llJapan
Well this is way past 'Early playtest';)
In fact it is at the point of being mostly like 'work', and not the fun, creative stuff.

Sometimes the hardest part to get past, even though smaller in scope.

But I am still hoping for a 2017 pre-order. That part is not up to the design team, however.
Hey, Pete, have you submitted to MMP now? If so I'll revise the thread content. The term "early playtest" is used to denote the playtesting stage before submission, not the stage of product development.

Last edited:

wrongway149

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hey, Pete, have you submitted to MMP now? If so I'll revise the thread content. The term "early playtest is used to denote the playtesting stage before submission, not the stage of product development.
OK, thanks for clarifying, George. Not yet submitted, but this is near the top of the 'to do' list for the project.

volgaG68

Fighting WWII One DR At A Time
Reaction score
First name
Chris
Country
llUnited States
OK, thanks for clarifying, George. Not yet submitted, but this is near the top of the 'to do' list for the project.
Hey, Pete. As one of the Ohioans likely involved, can you tell us anything about the CX Pack I saw mentioned when registering for this years ASLOK? Not a HASL/CG, but.....

wrongway149

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hey, Pete. As one of the Ohioans likely involved, can you tell us anything about the CX Pack I saw mentioned when registering for this years ASLOK? Not a HASL/CG, but.....
Probably the next "ASLOk Action Pack" . Dunno about the official branding or anything -- I just design scenarios :)

But there will be a 'pack'

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Which will happen first, Petes module getting printed or Trump getting booted out of office lol. I thimk trup getting booted will happen first lol.

GeorgeBates

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llJapan
Wow, it's been 10 months since we had an update.

Today Chas provided an update on Red October in ConSim:
Charlie is basically done with the maps. At this point it's next in line for layout and proofing of rules/counters/scenarios after Korean War ASL is done.

Flames In Hatten
U.S. 14th Armored vs German Panzer-Division 21 and Panzer-Grenadier Division 25 in Alsace during Operation NORDWIND, January '45 (single map, 3-date and 5-date Campaign Games (with no Night dates) and several stand-alone scenarios)
  • Andy Rogers
  • MMP Playtest
  • Stand-alone product (format TBD)
Normandy
82nd Airborne experience during D-Day (6 maps in 3 sets - 3 for St Mere Eglise/Neuville/Hill 20, 2 for La Fiere/Amfreville, and 1 for Hill 30/Chef-du-Pont plus strategic map to connect them all together; about 20 standalone scenarios, 1 CG for each of the map sets, and one strategic CG)
  • Ken Dunn
  • MMP Playtest
  • HASL module
Dinant
Battles around Meuse River crossings in both '40 & '44.
  • CG maps (not in crayon)
  • Dan Dolan, Nadir El-Farra and Carl Nogueira
  • Submission
  • Published in Croix de Guerre, Second Edition
Ortona
Canadian city fight in '44 Italy
  • (CG map)
  • Michael Rodgers & Darren Kovacs, successors to the late Jim McLeod
  • Early playtest
  • [unknown]
Red October
Stalingrad factory adjacent to Red Barricades
  • CG map connects to RB, updated RB map
  • Charlie Kibler & Gary Fortenberry
  • Pre-order
  • HASL module, published as "Red Factories" with Red Barricades reprint included
Manila
'44 Japanese stand in city against US/Filipino effort to liberate
  • (large CG map with scaled-down buildings, now in redraft in digital form)
  • Brian Blad & David Roth
  • Final playtest
  • HASL module
The Dawn of Eagles
German investment of Rotterdam in May '40.
  • (detailed CG map of city center, 16 potential scenarios as well as three CGs, more Dutch infantry and vehicles, gunboats and seaplanes)
  • David Meyler
  • Final playtest
  • HASL module
Slaughter At Ponyri
Action on the north flank of the Kursk salient, July '43.
  • (CG map, 15 scenarios in development)
  • Jim Aikens, Jeff Coyle, Pete Shelling, Chas Smith & Matt Zajac
  • Early Playtest
  • HASL module

Last edited:

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well, so much for petes optimism on seeing this module up for pre order any time soon. Looks like it is perpetual early playtest. Do they have people who know how to play CG's playtesting the Ponyri CG?

Scott

Phlegm

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Dinant is coming along nicely. We are planning on giving MMP a finished (from our POV) Dinant module in December. I then will be up to them

As Chashas stated "they don't really playtest CG's." So Carl has gotten he playtesting of the CG done using primarily VASL. The playtesters have said the CG is the most unique HASL experience they've ever had. I can say this, I have played and designed some of the more unconventional ASL situations in the ASL system and the Dinant CG and Scenarios are among the most interesting and fun ASL scenarios I've ever played.

The guys we have playtesting are some very good ASL players and we have listened to their suggestions. It has been interesting to hear from a group that a scenario is tough for one side and within hours or days hear that the scenario was pro-the other side. With both sides making very valid points.

Dinant is going to be a very well received product I think. Nadir's map and Carl's CG are the two best HASL products to date in the system. Trying to elevate the scenarios to their level is more challenging than I initially thought.