Official HASLs & CGs in the works

greuh

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Re: UPDATE Re: Official HASLs & CGs in the works

Will there be a reprint of Red Barricades along Red October, for those of us who have neither the original module nor BV2 ?

greuh

Reaction score
Country
llFrance

You made my day :)
Thanks !

wrongway149

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

IIRC, a number of the scenarios have been redesigned to account for new data. (The book from Leaping Horseman is probably that new data. It's very interesting.)

And said data provided opportunities for several new scenarios. I would say scenarios are 'complete' as far as design is considered, and probably half (~6) are in the final 'We might still balance-tweak it but could just as well not' stage.

Now the CG needs to be re-validated (which is OK, as the new map and info helped clarify some of the concept issues we were unsure of before.) and then if there are any changes in SSRs made for the sake of the CG, the impact of same on scenarios needs to be considered. But I think we are at the point where the changes are getting smaller and smaller each time through.

GeorgeBates

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llJapan
Amended to reflect yesterday's announcement.

Flames In Hatten
U.S. 14th Armored vs German Panzer-Division 21 and Panzer-Grenadier Division 25 in Alsace during Operation NORDWIND, January '45 (single map, 3-date and 5-date Campaign Games (with no Night dates) and several stand-alone scenarios)
  • Andy Rogers
  • MMP Playtest
  • Stand-alone product (format TBD)
Normandy
82nd Airborne experience during D-Day (6 maps in 3 sets - 3 for St Mere Eglise/Neuville/Hill 20, 2 for La Fiere/Amfreville, and 1 for Hill 30/Chef-du-Pont plus strategic map to connect them all together; about 20 standalone scenarios, 1 CG for each of the map sets, and one strategic CG)
  • Ken Dunn
  • MMP Playtest
  • HASL module
Dinant
Battles around Meuse River crossings in both '40 & '44.
  • CG maps (not in crayon)
  • Dan Dolan, Nadir El-Farra and Carl Nogueira
  • Submission
  • Published in Croix de Guerre, Second Edition
Ortona
Canadian city fight in '44 Italy
  • (CG map)
  • The late Jim McLeod, Chas Argent
  • Early playtest
  • [unknown]
Red October
Stalingrad factory adjacent to Red Barricades
  • CG map connects to RB, updated RB map
  • Charlie Kibler & Gary Fortenberry
  • Pre-order
  • HASL module, published as "Red Factories" with Red Barricades reprint included
Manila
'44 Japanese stand in city against US/Filipino effort to liberate
  • (large CG map with scaled-down buildings, now in redraft in digital form)
  • Brian Blad & David Roth
  • Final playtest
  • HASL module
The Dawn of Eagles
German investment of Rotterdam in May '40.
  • (detailed CG map of city center, 16 potential scenarios as well as three CGs, more Dutch infantry and vehicles, gunboats and seaplanes)
  • David Meyler
  • Final playtest
  • HASL module
Slaughter At Ponyri
Action on the north flank of the Kursk salient, July '43.
  • (CG map, 15 scenarios in development)
  • Jim Aikens, Jeff Coyle, Pete Shelling, Chas Smith & Matt Zajac
  • Early Playtest
  • HASL module

Last edited:

greuh

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Nice !
Is it possible to update your first post, to have that updated information always at the forefront, in order not to have to search for latest update in the trail ? :)
That would be very very helfpul !
Many thanks

GeorgeBates

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llJapan
Nice !
Is it possible to update your first post, to have that updated information always at the forefront, in order not to have to search for latest update in the trail ? :)
That would be very very helfpul !
Many thanks
Yes, but there's a conversation going on here, so better to go to the most recent posts.

greuh

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
I think both is good and is just a ctrl+c/ctrl+v away. It would be very nice of you !

In the trail for conversation, for people who follow the conversation, and in first post for centralization, for people who only come from time to time or do not follow the conversation. It's something we use to do in a forum I go to for centralization (e.g. the thread signaling the kickstarters opening for P&P RPGs has a first post with all the links). It's very very useful ! :)

larth

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
I did not know that. Sorry.
No worries, I am also used to "edit first post" from another forum, but apparently it was disabled here since posters were editing old posts to say something completely different.

volgaG68

Fighting WWII One DR At A Time
Reaction score
First name
Chris
Country
llUnited States
Normandy
  • 82nd Airborne experience during D-Day (6 maps in 3 sets - 3 for St Mere Eglise/Neuville/Hill 20, 2 for La Fiere/Amfreville, and 1 for Hill 30/Chef-du-Pont plus strategic map to connect them all together; about 20 standalone scenarios, 1 CG for each of the map sets, and one strategic CG)
  • Ken Dunn
  • MMP Playtest
  • HASL map
  • This is the one I'm REALLY looking forward to!

BattleSchool

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Bumping after recent views of Hatten playtest at Winter Offensive 2017.
A minor point that you may wish to add to your next update:
The US 79th Infantry Division is the other major formation involved. (I believe that Chas mentioned this in an MMP update last April.) IIRC, one battalion of the 313th IR and two battalions of the 315th IR were placed under overall command of the 14th AD during the battle.

It is less clear whether or not I-III./FJR 20 (7. FJD) plays a prominent part in either CG, although it is certainly possible that elements of 7. FJD make an appearance in one of the standalone scenarios. Of special note, 25. PzGD was supported by Panzer-Flamm Kompanie 352 during its opening attack on 9 January, and Hezter Flammpanzers of the same company also supported a night attack by III./FJR 20 on nearby Rittershoffen several days later. This HASL looks really interesting.

Oh, and a peek of the (non-winterized version) of Hatten:
Hatten map sample non-winterized.png

Last edited:

GeorgeBates

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llJapan
Of special note, 25. PzGD was supported by Panzer-Flamm Kompanie 352 during its opening attack on 9 January, and Hezter Flammpanzers of the same company also supported a night attack by III./FJR 20 on nearby Rittershoffen several days later.
Hence the title, one must presume.

Bob Walters

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Ortona is still in playtest in Canada and has not been submitted. Rotterdam is waiting for us to find an interested playtest group.

MMP, with a few exceptions, doesn't playtest CGs at all. We rely upon the designer to oversee their own playtesting before we take a submission for final development and layout. When they say playtesting done, we take it over for production.

Red October has been submitted within the last few months. We have already begun working on it.

We are assisting with the playtest of Hatten.

We are waiting on completion of playtest of the CGs and the stand-alone scenarios for Ponyri before commencing on it.
I hope a group steps up to playtest Rotterdam. There are enough east front modules already.