Official HASLs & CGs in the works

Tooz

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Working on MMPs Dinant HASL. I have been testing/playing so much Eastern front lately that I am really enjoying the return to 1940 in France. There is a monster scenario to be included which is being tested now. A lot of fun-for both sides. IMG_4763 resized.jpg

Tooz

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'll be looking for some early ASLOK arrivals to help out. If interested, let me know. I'll be there early Saturday, September 30.IMG_4762 resized.jpg IMG_4762 resized.jpg

greuh

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Working on MMPs Dinant HASL. I have been testing/playing so much Eastern front lately that I am really enjoying the return to 1940 in France.
I'm very sure it was a manner of speaking coming from you but it suprised me: Dinant is in Belgium (albeit 20km off nearest French border town, Givet) ;)

I'm impatient to play this module !

Tooz

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yeah, I know. I am enjoying the return to the French theater of 1940. I have been to Dinant.
Fussy, aren't we? :cool:

Tooz

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This scenario just might rank up there with my all time favorite Breakout From Borisov. I only have two turns left to take 7 more stone buildings. I doubt it, but it was great fun trying.

Attachments

BattleSchool

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
One of the appeals of early-war scenarios (CG) is that despite the prevalance of tincan armour, the penetrative power of most anti-tank weapons is such that kills are much less assured than in late-war combat. I think this removes some of the advantages of BFF, as there is a higher risk that such an attack will be unsuccessful. The strong armour of slow-moving French tanks makes Franco-German combat in 1940 even more interesting. Looking forward to Dinant!

witchbottles

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
One of the appeals of early-war scenarios (CG) is that despite the prevalance of tincan armour, the penetrative power of most anti-tank weapons is such that kills are much less assured than in late-war combat. I think this removes some of the advantages of BFF, as there is a higher risk that such an attack will be unsuccessful. The strong armour of slow-moving French tanks makes Franco-German combat in 1940 even more interesting. Looking forward to Dinant!
French "boxed 4's" tanks have only two weaknesses - low MPs with nor radios slowing them further, and a 1 MT. Early war german armor , esp light stuff like Pz IIs and Czech tanks, need to take advantage of mobility to "mission kill" the french AFVs by bypassing them, not getting into a gunfight at the OK corral. Doing the latter invites disaster as a german player in any 1940 scenario.

:)

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This Brit has a very good short video about the struggles of French one man turrets. You know it's bad, but when it's pantomimed out like he does you realize how bad it was.

Tooz

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It has been a while since i have played a Blitzkrieg era (sans Poland) scenario and I am really enjoying my current game--this scenario may become one of my all time favorites. French tanks are real tough on defense. On offense, not so much.

kynken

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It has been a while since i have played a Blitzkrieg era (sans Poland) scenario and I am really enjoying my current game--this scenario may become one of my all time favorites. French tanks are real tough on defense. On offense, not so much.
you have to love those French tin cans. I usually play in the 1939 - 1942 era of equipment. Those big behemoths like the King Tiger or JS II are just too big for my taste.

witchbottles

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I don't know - after playing some Berlin scenarios and a few other very late ETO ones (FB etc.) a IS-2m vs a PF is far from the sure kill PFs can be in 1944. Same goes for Panthers vs IS-2s, or a Pershing 90L vs a KT. its a similar fight to the early war tin can scens.

kynken

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I don't know - after playing some Berlin scenarios and a few other very late ETO ones (FB etc.) a IS-2m vs a PF is far from the sure kill PFs can be in 1944. Same goes for Panthers vs IS-2s, or a Pershing 90L vs a KT. its a similar fight to the early war tin can scens.
good point.

Philippe D.

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
This Brit has a very good short video about the struggles of French one man turrets. You know it's bad, but when it's pantomimed out like he does you realize how bad it was.
This guy is pretty amazing - very lively video (though I wouldn't describe it as "short" - it's actually full of digressions).

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
There are many late war situations where the TK is not guaranteed. The Guns are bigger but so is the armour. So the net result is similar to early war.