Official HASLs & CGs in the works

GeorgeBates

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llJapan
Jim Akins, the esteemed President for Life of the SoCal ASL Club (may his staff never diminish) is the 'I' in this quote.
Thanks for the attribution, John. So Jim is a playtest leader, or is he also on the design team?

witchbottles

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks, Jon. Safe to say it's not in the pipeline?
that is correct, there are no plans on this at the moment beyond picking it up once other higher priority projects have been delivered to their respective representatives.
note that this is for the Narvik 1940 design information

Jack's list shows a "Narvik 44 " for MMP - presumably having been submitted? I do not have info on that. This info was for an independent design for Narvik April 1940.

KRL, jon H

Chas Argent

Play to the end.
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
We have nothing on Narvik. I assume someone meant "Narva 1944" which was floated a few years back but since then I've heard nothing.

Tooz

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Narva '44 is still "out there" but on the shelf. Need to find better info on the fighting but in English there is very little--especially from the Russian sources. If anyone has sources for me to check, please let me know. Regardless, this is still a project worth pursuing but it will need more time for R&D.
The CG is sound, but getting enough info for scenarios is what is holding up this project.

witchbottles

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Narva '44 is still "out there" but on the shelf. Need to find better info on the fighting but in English there is very little--especially from the Russian sources. If anyone has sources for me to check, please let me know. Regardless, this is still a project worth pursuing but it will need more time for R&D.
The CG is sound, but getting enough info for scenarios is what is holding up this project.
Brian, PM sent

Tooz

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
witchbottles; thanks! Well, this project is not of my design. Search this forum for Narva '44 for more info.
May God allow me to live long enough to complete all ASL projects I am now working on, are still working on, and are dreaming of working on...

Chas Argent

Play to the end.
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Jeff is coordinating the playtests of the stand-alone scenarios. Jim Aikens is overseeing the CG playtests with the SoCal ASL Club dudez.

wrongway149

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
So, based on other source information I've compiled over the years, here are some updates to the OP:
Slaughter at Ponyri
•Action on the north flank of the Kursk salient, July '43.
•(CG map)
•[•Designer/Honcho] -> Pete Shelling
•[MMP Playtest]
•[•HASL module]
• this from somewhere: Ponyri is more than well along. Pete Shelling and Chas Smith have put together scenarios (9 from Pete, 2 from Chas) - so that ought to catch everyone's attention.
We can add Matt Zajac (who has actually walked the battlefield) to the list of scenario designers.

wrongway149

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
And the total number of scenarios now in various stages of playtest for Slaughter at Ponyri is close to 15 (not all will likely make the initial product, but we have a great mix to choose from, and a few follow-ons possibly for a future Journal.)

GeorgeBates

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llJapan
And the total number of scenarios now in various stages of playtest for Slaughter at Ponyri is close to 15 (not all will likely make the initial product, but we have a great mix to choose from, and a few follow-ons possibly for a future Journal.)
Thanks, Pete. I have updated the original post. Please keep us posted when the project hits submission.

Srynerson

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Updated with David Meyler's latest statements on Rotterdam.
Interesting. The latest revisions make it sound like Rotterdam is going to end up as a full-blown HASL, instead of just being included with a Journal issue as Chas had previously suggested.

GeorgeBates

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llJapan
Is it, "Flames In Hatten" or, "Hatten In Flames?" With the "Poland In Flames" pack out I've confused myself, and can't seem to find a note about the working title... :confused:

sarfs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I've enjoyed testing these. I haven't found a bad one yet.