Official HASLs & CGs in the works

Aldgisl

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I am looking forward to this one, too. It will be interesting to see how the Dutch Marines are portrayed— ie. Firepower-Range- Morale and Broken Morale. Perhaps 4-5-8{8} with Assault Fire?
As it stands, but nothing written in stone (this is cardboard!), just the standard Allied Minor elite 4-5-8 for trained marines, but with a higher than average number of strong leaders. The marines just used the standard Dutch army Mannlicher rifles and carbines and LMGs, but a stack of 4-5-8s with an LMG led by a 10-2 leader can be impressive.

Aldgisl

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I made up my own Dutch marine squad for playtest purposes. This represents trained units. Essentially, they are the same as Elite, but designated marines have a base ELR of 4 (the Dutch marine anchor is a reminder of this). There were only a hundred or so veteran marines. The Rotterdam marine garrison also included new recruits and these units are treated as regular line infantry.17894

boylermaker

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
No news yet, but keep tuned. MMP has a couple of big projects to finish first.
I heard a rumor is that the holdup is that MMP is demanding that the designers add 3 elevated railroad hexes to the board, and the designers are so far refusing. (As we all know, MMP gets kickbacks from Big Hillock every time they reprint 1200 words worth of hillock rules in a historical module in service of a tiny number of ElRR hexes, so they are always trying to insert them into HASLs where their presence doesn't make any sense).

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I heard a rumor is that the holdup is that MMP is demanding that the designers add 3 elevated railroad hexes to the board, and the designers are so far refusing. (As we all know, MMP gets kickbacks from Big Hillock every time they reprint 1200 words worth of hillock rules in a historical module in service of a tiny number of ElRR hexes, so they are always trying to insert them into HASLs where their presence doesn't make any sense).
Now you're just making a mountain out of a hillock.

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Easy solution - just turn them into Slope Railroad hexes, what could be easier?

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Did you just infer a that Railroad have slopes?

I always thought that they ran under mountains and through hills... But "Slopes".....

Oh well, looks like another "wordie" terrain rule to read.
Nope. Holland is pretty flat for the most part.

Aldgisl

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I meant to visit here more often -- Elevated RR hexes were not an issue, and no issue on my part to change anything on the map. The area immediately around the bridgehead (north end of the Willemsbrug) is a key area with some trickly terrain. What we were trying to figure out is to how to handle some cavern-like underpass under the bridge ramp (which indeed has 0, 1/2 and 1 level hexes) in as simple a manner as possible.

Aldgisl

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Update on Rotterdam HASL "Dawn of Eagles": Work continues, map is largely done (maybe some slight fine tuning), serious playtesting is underway and rules are getting tightened up. I have the opportunity to visit Rotterdam this Feb., so I'm hoping to get some good pics. I've been in contact with the folks at the Dutch Royal Marines Museum, and they're going to take me up to top of the Witte Huis (weather permitting). This gives a good vantage point of the battle in central Rotterdam. The old Willems bridge is long gone, but the rail bridge is still there, so I should get a good idea of fields of fire the Dutch garrison in the Witte Huis had. In 1940, at 10 storeys, the Witte Huis was tallest building in the city. In terms of availability, I have no idea. Maybe it will be on preorder next year?🤞

PTY

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Update on Rotterdam HASL "Dawn of Eagles": Work continues, map is largely done (maybe some slight fine tuning), serious playtesting is underway and rules are getting tightened up. I have the opportunity to visit Rotterdam this Feb., so I'm hoping to get some good pics. I've been in contact with the folks at the Dutch Royal Marines Museum, and they're going to take me up to top of the Witte Huis (weather permitting). This gives a good vantage point of the battle in central Rotterdam. The old Willems bridge is long gone, but the rail bridge is still there, so I should get a good idea of fields of fire the Dutch garrison in the Witte Huis had. In 1940, at 10 storeys, the Witte Huis was tallest building in the city. In terms of availability, I have no idea. Maybe it will be on preorder next year?🤞
Good news