Official Halo 3 Thread

DarkSora

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Bootaaay said:
That was called a rumour ;)

Anywho, that many players would require huge maps and multiple spawn points - it's not right for Halo style multiplayer and is more suited to games like Battlefield. I think 32 players is the max for an FPS like Halo.
I disagree slightly. Halo would be perfect for a war like online mode :p

Sprig

Reaction score
First name
Luke
Country
llUnited Kingdom
32 Player max for FPS? Never played 50 player COD2? best gaming experience ever lmao.

Bootaaay

Nibelung Valesti
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Sprigner said:
32 Player max for FPS? Never played 50 player COD2? best gaming experience ever lmao.
No, read again what I wrote - 32 max for an FPS like Halo. Not a WW2 based FPS.

Sprigner said:
13? PSP is capable of 32 lol...
And? It has little to nothing to do with the system.

Sprig

Reaction score
First name
Luke
Country
llUnited Kingdom
KK Miss read that part, i still think Halo 3 and the 360 should be capable of exceeding more online players than a portable game machine.

Bootaaay

Nibelung Valesti
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Like I said, it's nothing to do with the system and everything to do with the game, the engine and the developers - just because Halo 3 won't exceed 16 players online doesn't mean the system can't. PDZ already supports 32 players online and when Huxley comes out it'll feature more players online than any other console FPS game created - around 5000 to be exact (it's a MMO-FPS btw ;) ).

Bootaaay

Nibelung Valesti
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Yeah, theres been little on it since the trailer in July - apparantly Webzen'll lift the lid on it when the official site opens 'in the fall'.

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yea just because theres 16 doesnt mean it cant pass it. Halo shouldnt be based off any ww2 game or battlefield type. Halo is more fun than them because of its 'style'. To me 24 would be perfect for Halo, just the right size :)

Sprig

Reaction score
First name
Luke
Country
llUnited Kingdom
ScorelessCoasts said:
Yea just because theres 16 doesnt mean it cant pass it. Halo shouldnt be based off any ww2 game or battlefield type. Halo is more fun than them because of its 'style'. To me 24 would be perfect for Halo, just the right size :)
I dissagree with the fun part totaly, COD2 pwns it. But thats imo's

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
CoD and any other specific war game are all the same and get boring after a while. Whats better sticking someone in the face with a plasma grenade, or killing someone with a hand grenade.

Counter Strike is better than CoD2 ('to me') because even though its old, there are custom maps and weapons and stuff to make it better.

Just a question, are you new to pc games, like good ones?

Sprig

Reaction score
First name
Luke
Country
llUnited Kingdom
ScorelessCoasts said:
CoD and any other specific war game are all the same and get boring after a while. Whats better sticking someone in the face with a plasma grenade, or killing someone with a hand grenade.

Counter Strike is better than CoD2 ('to me') because even though its old, there are custom maps and weapons and stuff to make it better.

Just a question, are you new to pc games, like good ones?
I have been playing PC games for years, just hardly ever bought games. U make me laugh how u describe that map crap i mean seriously u dont think COD1 and 2 dont have them either? lmao!
And ya Hand Grenades ftw :) U mention how all war games are the same, i agree but that doesnt go against the fact there are awesome.

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
They're awesome but get boring. Eventually you're gonna drift away as where Halo just Reached 4 BILLION xbox live matches and that's a s*itload for a 2 year game.

Lol Obviously you've never play CS as I've played all 3 games that were mentioned. CS you could have fun with surf maps, hooks, and all type of server mods.

Does CoD2 have custom vehicles like jets, mecha's, pelicans, longswords, etc like Halo Custom Edition does?

Sprig

Reaction score
First name
Luke
Country
llUnited Kingdom
ScorelessCoasts said:
They're awesome but get boring. Eventually you're gonna drift away as where Halo just Reached 4 BILLION xbox live matches and that's a s*itload for a 2 year game.

Lol Obviously you've never play CS as I've played all 3 games that were mentioned. CS you could have fun with surf maps, hooks, and all type of server mods.

Does CoD2 have custom vehicles like jets, mecha's, pelicans, longswords, etc like Halo Custom Edition does?
Nah it doesnt but to be hones there would be no way in hell i would buy it u coud fly...-.- And ya COD1 has an awesome expansion pack with some great vehicles. COD3 will seriously pwn tho.

Sprig

Reaction score
First name
Luke
Country
llUnited Kingdom
DarkSora said:
@ SC and sprigner: Unreal tournament beats all in multiplayer :p end of.
*runs off*
Never played so cant comment :p

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Lol hmm I ALMOST agreed with you there DS but I think Halo's simplicity works with me :p

Also Dernhelm, I need to hear it from bungie themself, w.e i'll buy a cat if I have too :p

Sprig

Reaction score
First name
Luke
Country
llUnited Kingdom
The problem with halo online is the guns, i mean it definatekly should have more of a hit ratio. I mean a pistol is more powerfull than a big ass machine gun? Pssshhh stupid imo.