Official ASL mug from MMP!

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I've got a great idea! Instead of making mugs, why doesn't MMP finish and release the next module!
Brings to mind the image of MMP attending a "Make Clay Pottery For Fun" class at the local Community College. Brian, Perry, and Chas sitting next to each other at their pottery wheels. Brian is covered in clay; there's nothing left on his wheel. Next to him, Chas has a lumpy mess of a mug, all bloated and misshapen. Next to them, Perry has a perfect 3D rendition of Pegasus Bridge.

Honvik

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Shame as a retailer couldn't get these over to the UK as we use our own shipping importer so costs are drastically reduced. This is an MMP only product :(. We do have the Le Franc 's mugs.

Phil
Second Chance Games

Yuri0352

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
A very nice coffee mug to commemorate the dearly beloved modules of years gone by.

So much better than keeping For King and Country and Rising Sun in print.

Aaron Cleavin

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
I have asked Scott Blanton from Gamers Armory if he can get some to bring with him to ASLOK.

Suggest others drop him a line: scott at gamersarmory dot com and see if he can do this.

Aaron Cleavin

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Brings to mind the image of MMP attending a "Make Clay Pottery For Fun" class at the local Community College. Brian, Perry, and Chas sitting next to each other at their pottery wheels. Brian is covered in clay; there's nothing left on his wheel. Next to him, Chas has a lumpy mess of a mug, all bloated and misshapen. Next to them, Perry has a perfect 3D rendition of Pegasus Bridge.
I see Chevy Chase reprising his role in "Community" acting as drill instructor. Chevy and BriAn then get into all in mud wrestling action after Brian can't take the abuse anymore. Chas takes photos to record the event under the guise of bird watching, while Perry makes a book on the outcome of the fight.

Aaron Cleavin

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Trying to get some sent to ASLOK but can't get the hotel address into a form theMMP website likes.
Any ideas ( I have tried many variations)

FOUR POINTS by SHERATON
4181 W. 150th St.
CLEVELAND
OHIO
216-252-7700

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Trying to get some sent to ASLOK but can't get the hotel address into a form theMMP website likes.
Any ideas ( I have tried many variations)

FOUR POINTS by SHERATON
4181 W. 150th St.
CLEVELAND
OHIO
216-252-7700
Call up MMP/e-mail them and have Perry bring you one in his car.

JR

MichalS

Reaction score
First name
Michal
Country
llSlovakia
Sadly, the shipping (at least to Australia) makes this a highly impractical purchase. I like cool mugs, and this one seems particularly cool, but I draw the line at (approximately) $50 to own one ....
Same for me bro to the EU (plus 20% customs on the price INCLUDING THE SHIPPING). Wanted to order AoO and a cup and the shipping was 67 USD.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Same for me bro to the EU (plus 20% customs on the price INCLUDING THE SHIPPING). Wanted to order AoO and a cup and the shipping was 67 USD.
It is commonly acknowledged, that the shipping costs from US to Europe are a complete rip-off (for which MMP is not responsible but the carrier companies). Shipment of the same items in the opposite direction (even by the same carriers !) is a lot cheaper.

Don't let the carrier companies muck you about. Boycott and don't waste a single dollar on them and their brazen business model.

This might make things a little more inconvenient. But you will save money and have the satisfaction not to support their business model.

The solution is to find retailers in Europe that ship internationally.

UGG (Udo Grebe Game Design) in Germany is one.
https://ugg2nd.de/de/Nach-Hersteller/Udo-Grebe-Gamedesign-ugg/

Second Chance Games from the UK is another.
https://www.secondchancegames.com:7081/

Trojan Games from Sweden yet another.
http://www.trojangames.se/

Probably, there are some more retailers out there in other EU countries.

I use the first one for MMP products. UGG offers pre-order prices for MMP products. It has product bulk-shipped via sea and not air-transport. This means that you will get your stuff a couple of weeks later than it would otherwise become available. For example, I have not received my "Hatten in Flames" yet.
However, you do not have to bother with customs, as UGG is the importer. No need to pick up packages in size beyond of an Action Pack from the customs office personally. Despite UGG being a retailer in the middle, the final price including shipment I pay for a MMP product bought at UGG is less than the final price including shipping that I would pay when directly ordering from MMP (even if taking a pre-order discount into account).

Similar with Second Chance Games. I just ordered an Oregon Deluxe Counter Clipper (2mm) from them. Despite the item needs to be shipped from the UK to Germany after being imported into the EU, it is cheaper than ordering the item from the producer in Canada directly, let alone any retailer in Canada or the US. Of course, from March 2019 onwards, Second Chance Games will be out of the game due to the Brexit, thus pulling up the customs curtain between the UK and the EU.

von Marwitz

Last edited:

MichalS

Reaction score
First name
Michal
Country
llSlovakia
Thanks von Marwitz!

I have about 9 AH/MMP modules and 5 from BFP. I used UGG and Second Chance on more than one occasion, as well as the Swedish Trojan Games (where I got my Oregon Lam from). (Haven't tried Hexasim or Gamer's HQ yet.) Once I was ordering Doomed Battalions directly from MMP (by phone!) and it worked out quite nicely. For slim packages (LCP scenario packs, magazines and similar) the postage tends to be bearable and these frequently fly below the radar of the customs service. But whether the MMP mugs will make it to Europe... not certain about that :D

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
MichalS, I have heard of Trojan Games from Sweden, too, and added it to the list in my post. Thanks for pointing it out.

von Marwitz

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
For slim packages (LCP scenario packs, magazines and similar) the postage tends to be bearable and these frequently fly below the radar of the customs service.
That is correct. Scenario packs that fit into a flat envelope are usually beneath the radar of customs. Typically, these products don't have preorder-discounts (neither at MMP or from retailers). Still, the price for shipment might come close to doubling that of the product.

For such items, it is best if you can rely on a gamer-buddy that attends ASLOK for example to just carry it over for you and a couple of others. I might take the opportunity to thank everyone that helped me out in this regard in the past!

von Marwitz

Philippe D.

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Probably, there are some more retailers out there in other EU countries.
I know of, at least, Hexasim and Philibert in France. I have used both in the past and would recommend them.
Hexasim
Philibert

I also used UGG, and was satisfied with it. I still have preorders pending at UGG (none of the French stores I quoted above were offering preorders when I looked for them)

Of course, from March 2019 onwards, Second Chance Games will be out of the game due to the Brexit, thus pulling up the customs curtain between the UK and the EU.
Is that decided? I thought the EU and GB were still negotiating... (I have never used Second Chance Games, but they're currently on my list of places to check when looking for new stuff)

Honvik

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Err no one knows exactly what will happen come Brexit. Don't count us out yet! we are actually preparing a few things to ease things for our Europe customers. If a deal is struck then there is a transition deal until 2020 so nothing will change till then. As a company we regularly negotiate prices with our carriers to ensure we can provide the best prices possible to ship them to us and vice versa, we actually air freight all our goodies.

Our customers across everywhere are important to us as a business and it would not be in our interests to meet a barrier due to Brexit.

Thanks

Phil Ashton