Officers - a new duty

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I'd like to ask all of you to assist us in a couple of things.

We need to spam the odd macro in guild, to be sure that the members are aware of the events going on in DethNet. (When I log in, the guild message of the day is flooded right off the screen so I can't even see it!) These will change from time to time, but for now the things we want them to know about are:

1> The lotto Ath is running, and

2> Special Event Sundays.

Here's what I'd like to see...

Everyone set up two guild chat macros. Make sure you've been on for some time before using them (to ensure that you don't log in, and spam one that's already be done 20 seconds before you log in :p ), at which point, fire one of them off. If, 15 or 20 minutes later, no one else has done a macro, proceed to fire off the second one.

Write them out in your own words (so they aren't all the same, and we make the members sick of us!), but I'll provide a brief example of each below.

1> Enter the DethNet Lotto! Mail 1g for each ticket to Atheina, prize is 100g! Draw will be on November 11th, 12pm server time. Good luck to all!

2> Watch for Special Event Sundays! If there is no guild event planned, we will get together each Sunday and raid different zones, killing as many alliance as we can find. The last one was a great success, come and join the fun!

I'll provide exact times for Sundays once we work that out for certain.

Toneboogie

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hey what's the script for that "Welcome to Dethnet Macro" that's like 6 lines long?

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Whose macro? You mean one of the fancy 'Welcome' ones that are spelled out with characters? :laugh: I've never gone to the trouble. ;)

Beeyatch

Senior Guild Founder
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Reminder

Mantis said:
I'd like to ask all of you to assist us in a couple of things.

1> The lotto Ath is running.

Just a reminder the lotto is still going till next sunday, So please spam it every so often in guild chat.
A few have been, But sadly not many of our officer's have been bothered to. We need your help with getting the word out about guild events etc,
it is part of being an officer :)

Thanks in advance,
Atheina.

Last edited:

Cowwmann

Reaction score
I make my Welcome to Dethnet macros like:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
\ /
\ /\ /
\/ \/elcome to Dethnet
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I know the W is messed up. When i try and edit it it looks fine.

Last edited:

Fairlindra

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Atheina and Surii the way the guild message of the day is written it caused a bit of confusion for our members. It has the lotto but then says "guild event sundays 5 p.m." It made everyone think that the lotto was on Sunday, not raids or other events. Maybe we should leave the lotto out and let the officers do that macro and change the guild message of the day to be more specific about our Sunday events. I myself was even a tad confused on that. Also if they are not visiting the forum, they aren't going to know about the drawing date change so perhaps our macros could take care of the lotto part or we could seperate, alternate on and off between the lotto and guild events on Sunday through the officers which would eleviate a responsiblity off of your hands. Maybe we should have an officer's meeting on a specific time and date and organize a bit to help out more here.

Beeyatch

Senior Guild Founder
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Okay I changed the message of the day to say raid on sundays, check it out and see what ya think. Pst me online if you think the confusion will still happen the way I rewrote it.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Quote of Fairlindra's :"If you guys are spending 6 hours a day that makes it 42 hours a week, which means you both have another full time job plus overtime. Might I suggest you two may want to decide what smaller matters other officers can take off you hands. It doesn't seem to me like you two have any fun time to play the game. DND might be a good idea for a few hours a week, while you guys get to play. Wouldn't want you to get fed up from no play time, all work and no play makes for dull boys and girls.. End Quote"

If officers would Just help out more with the little things, like spamming the macro's like Surri asked everyone todo helps out more then you can know. Yesterday while I was repainting the bathroom, I left wow on so inbetween I can yap with a friend on there. I had it on 10 hrs straight till 4pm server time "chat logged" and not one officer spammed a macro about the lotto or brought up the no swearing rule when needed besides myself. I notice its not so bad in the evenings, Few of the younger officers get on and spam the mac's.

This is Surri's call, its his guild. But I requested a full review of each officer, some havent even recruited once in over a month or even logged back onto here to view officers chat etc. Others are great at recruiting and never spam macro's even when asked personaly... Maybe if the problem is brought to their attention it can be worked out. But in some cases rank may have to be removed.

Well thats it for my 2 cents atm, I may be rambling on about this topic but it needs to be dealt so founders can have alittle more of a breather.

Atheina.

Last edited:

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
The message of the day has very limited space - Shankk changed it while I watched in the background - we were trying to kepp as much info in there as is possible, but I see that we actually created a bit of confusion. :) Ath seems to have fixed that for the time being, so that's good.

On the subject of macros, that's a good diea, Fair. It *would* take some of the pressure off us, and would allow us to have the guild message be less confusing. But there's been some issues with this so far - no one is really spamming the macros in guild, which isn't a good thing. With mods, busy trade channels, guild chat et al, the message of the day (at least for me) is flooded off the screen so fast I can't even see it. I wonder how many (if any) of the users actually gets to read the thing.

If we can all start spamming those macros in guild, it will help out considerably. I know it's a bit of a pain, but we really need to do it to let everyone know what's going on.

Last edited:

Fairlindra

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yes I asked who was online last night out of the officer's to see if we could change it a bit and while Shankk changed it I did speak to who was on about the lotto and that Sundays are our special guild event raids etc at 5. The Krazy characters seem to be interested in our Sunday events and a character Azarian *might be their alts name* was whispering me about the lotto since they have a 40 character that they can't afford a mount for. BUT on another note I am guilty as charged on Ath's note above I was on when she was and failed to do it then. I apologize was in my own world at the time.

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
It's not a problem Fair - we're all a little guilty of not doing all that we're supposed to at one time or another. :D (Surii attempts to look innocent and nonchalant!)

As long as we all do out best to straighten it out for the future (myself included!) we'll be fine. Those of you that are actually in here (the forums) are a great group, and are a great help. We just need to get ourselves better organized, streamline our operations, and act better as a unit. We're all guilty of not communicating as effectively as we could be, and for my part, I'll try to stay better in touch with you all - through the forums, through PMs, email and in-game mail, and by communcating with you all through Officer chat.

We'll get this all straightened out, and move forward! This guild, for all the hassles we're experiencing, is something special, and we're going to make it even better.

Cowwmann

Reaction score
I spam the macros as much as I can. But I don't get on much because I have to work around school and can only get on on the weekends and Friday. I try to enforce the rules but whenever I do some people say "well if i can say blah blah blah" and then they /gquit.

Beeyatch

Senior Guild Founder
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Dont worry, just do what you can:) I personaly have noticed and would like to thank you for all your help:)

mr2medic

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
i usually find myself enforcing rules. i've been to lazy to recreate my macros although i'll do that first thing tonight after i finish bowling

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Yup, the effort people have been showing with this has made a noticeable difference. Good job to all that are doing it, and our thanks!

Fairlindra

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
:angry:There is one serious problem we are having as officers. We have had times when there are members that need to be kicked and we have to wait until someone is logged in to help out with this. Personally, when I am on and a character is breaking all the rules, our guild members themselves are saying to kick the person, it is impossible and embarrassing :eek: to have to explain that everyone has to wait until a founder signs on and tell them basically they have to deal with it until then and try to ignore the person. The guideline macro's do not help in a situation like this it just adds to it. Wvslayer was accidently added to the guild the other morning by someone who didn't know he was "blacklisted" and I held my breath waiting for someone to sign on as he carried on in guild chat. So for that time I watched him bash the GM, founders, and the officers including me. I don't even know this character. Thankfully Shankk happened to sign on 30 minutes into this and kicked him. Can someone come up with something for this because I find it embarrassing to represent DN as an officer without any ability to be able to kick someone when absolutely necessary or at least silence them and have to watch them carry on in guild chat to our members, it is not fair to our members either to put up with b.s. like that when they just want to play the game and not have to deal with the politics of the guild.

d0ntd0it

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The way we used to do it (Me, Benic, Corbix), was if someone was needed to be kicked the Baron/Baroness rank (or was it Prince/Princess) had the ability to demote the user to Suspended status. This rank can not say anything in Guild Chat, those rights are turned off for suspended rank. During the transgressions of the individual, we would take screenshots and post them here. After that, it would be in the Founders hands. They always stood behind our officers opinion.

Usually after they were suspended, they /gquit anyway. We could at least put a stop to the bad behavior this way.

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Ok, this is part of the reason I have been doing some shifting around of the ranks - we already had a fix for this in mind, Fair.

We are going to promote a few of you to Senior Officers. (Others will get there as they prove themselves the way that some of you already have). I won't go into all the names and details here, but rest assured that your efforts as a Junior have made you one of these people, Fair. You will have the ability to "Exile" any guild member. This is one (very tiny) step shy of booting. They can do *nothing* when they are exiled - they cannot comment in guild chat, see any officer or public notes, long story short, they are 100% silenced. They can still pst people, but anyone not in the guild can do that anyways - that is what ignore is for.

From there, it's one very simple step. Take a screenshot of their BS, and post it in the new thread "Exiled" in the Officer Forum. The next Founder on can be told what is up (or can read it pre-logging in on the forums) and can do the actual kick. We stand behind our Officers - if you follow the steps, the person will be silenced by you (no problems as you've outlined above) and get a boot very shortly.

This, of course, takes into account the standard 'give them a warning first' type of thing, and expects that this step has failed prior to you going a step farther, but that all should be rather obvious - I just say it again here for the point of clarity.

And all of our Officers - please recognize one point. This was clear to our original batch of Officers, but needs to be reitereated here:

The screenshots are not due to any lack of trust on our part, lack of faith in you, etc. This guild (believe it or not) :laugh: is run professionally, in the same methods that forums and boards are run all across the web - also in much the same fashion that our justice system works. With screens, there can be no accusations of bias, no 'unfair decisions', etc. Everything is impartial, and 100% verifiable. Hell, if you read over the forums, you'll see that founders take them too - to be safe and certain.

We have evidence backing us up, and therefore our decisions are untouchable!

FINAL THOUGHT:

This is one of the founding philosophies of our guild:

As a standard rank, please be advised that the Senior Officer position is the highest level a non-founder can achieve, and it only given to members that have proved their worth through time, loyalty, exercising proper judgement, etc!, and it is a priviledge, not a right.

Last edited:

Fairlindra

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
"Exile" looks very good to me as a solution or fix for this problem. Thank you for addressing this issue so quickly, I really appreciate your feedback Surii.

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
You got it! It's just been a whirlwind of activity lately, so I know I am behind on some issues, but this one is important - we need to give you the tool you require to deal with these situations as they come up!

And as Dont gave witness - this method served us perfectly in the past. Tried & True!