Office Fest

pj norton

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This years Fall installment of Museumfest is September 16 and 17, 2022. We had a great time in May playing a large multi-player Prokhorovka scenario. Any suggestions for Fall would be encouraged. Held at the usual place, Michigan Military Technical and Historical Society museum in Eastpointe Michigan. More info to follow. pjn

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
This years Fall installment of Museumfest is September 16 and 17, 2022. We had a great time in May playing a large multi-player Prokhorovka scenario. Any suggestions for Fall would be encouraged. Held at the usual place, Michigan Military Technical and Historical Society museum in Eastpointe Michigan. More info to follow. pjn
Best of luck to you all and hope you have a great turnout!

pj norton

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Museumfest is coming up in just over a month. I already have a game lined up with Mike Monszunski and I. We are playtesting a Bill Cirillo design for a future AP. I have a number of guys who are attending and some maybes. Hope to see many of you there. This is the 25th year of the local "Fest," I've only missed a handful of the thrice annual event so this has to be at least or nearly the 70th sitting. In May we played a monster Prokhorovka scenario with all attendees playing that game. I have in the past had War Oboe's Gold Beach on the table with 16 players seated, come to the museum next month and see the pictures, real live pictures with film and everything, remember those days? We also had a monster multi-player Belarusian scenario one time that Dave Lamb, Kurt Martin and I came up with, mostly those guys. And I hope to get Stalemate In The Citadel from Hue on the table in January, don't miss it, 32 turns of Marine vs NVA/VC action in the ancient capital of Vietnam 1968. We will be discussing it next month at the museum and I will have the pack handy for any that want to see it or even play a scenario out of it. Fred and I played one of the smaller scenarios this summer and it was a blast. Also remember to bring any other game you are interested in playing and possibly arrange some players. Sometimes Garry brings Gutshot for some RPG Western action. Garry has some beautiful Wild West buildings and figures including barrels, hay bales, fences, cows and horses. We have actually had a wounded bad guy steal a horse and flee the town with bank robbery money. Great fun. Anyway, I could go on and on. Hope we have some great times coming up. I"ll post again in the next month. See you there. pjn

pj norton

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Guys, Museumfest is coming up next month, January 20 and 21. Come one come all, Michigan Military Technical and Historical Society museum in Eastpointe Michigan. Gaming starts at the end of the workday Friday and goes through until the last dice fall Saturday evening. I spend the night so anyone is welcome to stay too, bring a cot and bed roll, there are also hotels nearby. Any game is welcome but the event is primarily an ASL gamefest. If you want to play something else try to arrange an opponent here. Many games have been played in recent years; Euro Games, BCS and others. I have a large ASL kit so just bring a rulebook if you like maybe the mapboards too for a scenario you have in mind. I have a Museumfest FB page set up, so those of you who FB come on and join. Contact me here if you have questions, I'll check in periodically. Hope to see you there. pjn

pj norton

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Museumfest coming up September 15 and 16. Detroit area gaming.
Museumfest is a thrice yearly gaming event held at the Michigan Military Technical and Historical Society museum in Eastpointe Michigan. Held on (approximately) the third Friday and Saturday of January, May and September. Come join the gang in some local gaming. ASL is the primary focus but other games break out too. We start in the late afternoon of Friday and play through Saturday evening. Contact me here for more info. Google the museum name for directions.

Treadhead

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Will there be a MuseumFest this January? (Presumably this coming weekend, 19-20 Jan 2024..

Mongo5486

Reaction score
First name
Will
Country
llUnited States
Yes it will be at the Michigan Military Technical and Historical Society Museum in Eastpoint. They should be starting Friday afternoon.