Office Fest

sdennis

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Me too PJ, FB is not in my repertoire! So even though I haven't shown up in YEARS I still read these.

Lawrence3106

average gamer
Reaction score
First name
Lawrence
Country
llUnited States
Even though I now live out of state I still read them as well. If museumfest occurs when I am visiting Michigan, I will attend.

pj norton

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Museumfest is coming up in less than two weeks, Friday May 18th and Saturday May 19. You will find me at the Michigan Military Technical and Historical Society museum in Eastpointe Michigan. Google it for the address. I play ASL there but all games are welcome. Come and check it out. This event has been a SE Michigan institution for last two+ decades. Gaming starts Friday after the close of the work day and runs through Saturday night/ the wee hours of Sunday morning. pjn

pj norton

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have Museumfest scheduled for September 21 and 22. Tell your friends, bring your favorite scenario, or just play from my kit if you prefer. Come to the Michigan Military Technical and Historical Society museum in Eastpointe Michigan. Play starts around the end of the work day Friday and stretches through Saturday night/Sunday morning.

pj norton

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Museumfest is coming up in a month or so. The date is January 18 and 19, 2019. Gaming begins at 2:30pm on Friday and runs through Saturday night. We can game as late as we want either day. The location is the usual place, The Michigan Military Technical and Historical Society museum in Eastpointe Michigan, google for directions. I spend the night Friday if anyone stay there with me bring a bed roll. There are snacks available at the museum and plenty of nearby food establishments. I play ASL and have a large kit that others are welcome to share. Other games are also played but players may want to arrange opponents ahead of time. There is plenty of table space so bring favorite board game or miniatures. If you have any further questions friend me and we'll message. See you there.

pj norton

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Folks,

Musuemfest is scheduled for May 17 and 18, 2019. Gaming starts around the close of the work day on Friday and lasts until the wee hours of Saturday. Located at The Michigan Military Technical and Historical Society museum at 16600 Stephens Road, Eastpointe MI 48021. All types of gaming are welcome. If you have friends who might be interested, bring them along. I primarily play ASL and have a well stocked kit that all are welcome to share, but many other games are played, so bring the game of your choice. I spend the night there Friday night so feel free to bring a bedroll and stay with me if you have to drive from far away. There is a fridge and microwave so bring food and/or beverage. Hope to see all you there. Email me here if you have a further questions.

pj norton

pj norton

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Museumfest is still going strong. The May event went well. I started this event in May of 1997. In early January of 1997 I asked Kurt Martin when Winter Olympics was going to be held. He said "It's not. The work to fun ratio is too high." I thought about it for a few weeks and the next game night I told him I had a warehouse space at my office that would be free of charge. A while later I invited him to the office to see the free space. He looked it over and said it was perfect. He went out to his car and handed me a box full of addresses and envelopes and said "there you go. And by the way you should host the event three times a year." I never intended to be the host but threw myself into it and by May of that year had the first "PJs Bunker." After the event Kurt asked when the next PJ-fest was. So I named it Officefest and I was off and running. It's been a distinct pleasure to host this event thrice a year for most of the last 24 years. By my last count I have had roughly 60+ meetings of the fest. It is currently being held at the Michigan Military Technical and Historical Society museum in Eastpointe Michigan. The next event is scheduled for September 17 and 18, 2021.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Museumfest is still going strong. The May event went well. I started this event in May of 1997. In early January of 1997 I asked Kurt Martin when Winter Olympics was going to be held. He said "It's not. The work to fun ratio is too high." I thought about it for a few weeks and the next game night I told him I had a warehouse space at my office that would be free of charge. A while later I invited him to the office to see the free space. He looked it over and said it was perfect. He went out to his car and handed me a box full of addresses and envelopes and said "there you go. And by the way you should host the event three times a year." I never intended to be the host but threw myself into it and by May of that year had the first "PJs Bunker." After the event Kurt asked when the next PJ-fest was. So I named it Officefest and I was off and running. It's been a distinct pleasure to host this event thrice a year for most of the last 24 years. By my last count I have had roughly 60+ meetings of the fest. It is currently being held at the Michigan Military Technical and Historical Society museum in Eastpointe Michigan. The next event is scheduled for September 17 and 18, 2021.
Lol it appears as if Kurt dropped the 5 pp TDSW off in your quite capable hands before Routing away. 😉🤣

My heartiest congratulations to you on the success of your event! Especially as it was not something you had intended on doing. Sometimes you fall into a situation or it is thrust upon you and you discover that you are good at it. This appears to be the case here. Well done you!

I've stated it many times before that IMHO hosting an ASL event is one of the most important and beneficial things you can do for the game. Thanks for your time and effort and to all who host an event!🤗