Office Fest

pj norton

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Museumfest is coming up in a month. Mark your calenders. Gaming starts after work on Friday and will continue through until Sunday afternoon. Please pass on the information to people who may not be tuned in here. Pj

pj norton

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Guys, Museumfest is in about a month. Museumfest is an all games welcome gaming event held at the Michigan Military Technical & Historical Society museum in Eastpointe MI. Museumfest/Officefest was started 20 years ago as an ASL event held in the back warehouse of my office. I had to move several years ago to the museum. I still play ASL exclusively there but there has been a growing flock of other games being played there. It is a welcome addition to the event. Guys are playing euro games, Warhammer 40K, Check Your Six, etc. Come join us. Play ASL or anything else that strikes your fancy. There is plenty of table space for even a large miniatures game. I spend the night there so gaming can conceivably run through out both nights if the need arises. Please tell all of your gaming friends no matter what game they play. I just invited some local Squad Leader players here in the area. Gaming starts around the end to the work day on Friday September 16 and runs through Sunday, September 18th in the afternoon. The museum is located at 16600 Stephens Road, Eastpointe MI 48021. Contact me here if you have any questions. pj

pj norton

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Museumfest has been a ringing success so far. I had a couple of ASL games last night that went until 2:00am. Today we had four ASL tables going all day today, a large game of Check Your Six (aerial combat) and Mare Nostrum Empire. Tomorrow a large Warhammer 40K game is scheduled. I had 18 guys playing at the peak today. I am quite pleased with the turnout.

pj norton

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Museumfest has been changed to January 6, 7 and 8, 2017. As usual lots of ASL, Euro games and Warhammer. Come and join the fun. I have asked the director of the museum if I can start early Friday as I am off work so stayed tuned about the start time. Come on over to the Bog Check page on Facebook for more info and to arrange an opponent.

pj norton

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Museumfest was a big success. Lots of ASL Friday and Saturday, and Warhammer on Sunday. Saturday we took a break from ASL and played Gutshot, a western miniatures game. We even had a couple guys break out SL and played The Tractor Works. It was the first time in twenty years of Officefest/Museumfest that SL was played. The picture of the guys playing SL drew the most likes on FB that I have ever had.

pj norton

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Museumfest is May 19, 20 and 21. Hope to see a bunch of gamers there, especially ASLers, but all are welcome. See previous posts here for details, or feel free to ask here. pj

pj norton

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I forgot to post an AAR for museumfest last weekend. I had a great turnout. There were as many as a dozen guys at a time playing. A bunch of ASL of course, Fred and Will played OCS Korea Friday and Saturday. Mike Fetty brought his nephews and they played a bunch of different stuff like Star Wars minis and Cleopatra. A bunch of old friends dropped by just to say hi including my old friend Bill Fern who I first learned 3rd Reich and SL 30 years ago, Glenn Houseman, Eric Safran and Chad Vanderbos. Larry Winslow came down from Traverse City and played several ASL scenarios including a hot match with Dave Lamb that lasted until midnight Saturday. It was a great weekend. Thanks to all who attended. This is the begining of the third decade of Officefest/Museumfest. pj

pj norton

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Museumfest is coming up in a month. Detroit area gamers gather at the Michigan Military Technical and Historical Society museum in Eastpointe Michigan on the third weekend of January, May and September. This September Museumfest will be on the 15th, 16th and 17th. I play ASL but all games are welcome. I spend the night there Friday night so gaming can go late and start early. Come play your favorite euro game, minatures and other board games. All are welcome, tell your friends. pjn

pj norton

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Museumfest is coming up in about a month. Come one, come all. I primarily play ASL but all games are welcome. I host this event at the Michigan Military Technical and Historical Society museum in Eastpointe Michigan, 16600 Stephens Road, Eastpointe Michigan 48021. The gaming starts at the close of the work day Friday, the 26th and stays open through Saturday night. I spend the night there Friday if anyone wants to play all night or crash there.

pj norton

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have been the only one posting on this thread since April of last year. Is anyone reading these Museumfest postings?

pj norton

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I reach most people on Facebook these days, but I know some do not Facebook. I am glad to continue to post here if I am reaching gamers here.