Office Fest

dwardzala

Va Tech Hokie
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I've got my fingers crossed that I will make it to this one. Hoping to get there Friday afternoon and possibly spend the night. I plan on playing a little ASL and some other lighter boardgames.

What time do the festivities start on Friday usually?

Is the museum an alcohol free zone?

Glennbo

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'll be there Friday afternoon.

I need somebody to help me playtest a small Japanese/Chinese scenario. Was going to title it "Laung Daung Cum", but apparently in some circles that's considered tasteless.

Markdv5208

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Was hoping to make it your way in May....

But with my wifes work schedule and winter weather, I have to pass on this one.

Mark DV
Ada, MI

Hovned31

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I am actually going to make it to Museumfest on Jan. 18. plan on being there around noon. Who is up for a game? Hovned31 if thats a good time for u let me know.
I'm good with noon on the 18th. Any particular scenario in mind?

pj norton

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Museumfest starting tomorrow. I am going to be there around 3:30PM, but have not heard back from the museum as to whether they can open early. If not, then we play ASL in the parking lot until they get there at 5:00PM. Be there! pj

rdw5150

it's just a game
Reaction score
First name
Roger
Country
llUnited States
NO I don't believe so.
well for some of us maybe <SMILE>

but I see Glenn has posted pics of him drinking some beers...... so I guess that answers Dave's question..........

Hope you guys had a great time!

Peace

Roger

Last edited:

pj norton

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
January 2014 Museumfest has come and gone with great success at the Michigan Military Technical & Historical Society in Eastpointe Michigan. It has been my pleasure to host the 46th thrice-annual “fest.” I had 12 people attending Friday, playing ASL and Warhammer. Saturday brought another 14 people playing ASL, Ogre, Pathfinder and Glory for Rome. It was a steady procession all weekend of old friends that I was delighted to see. Glenn Houseman, Dave Wardzala, Bob Davis, Marco Cuenca, Lawrence Davies, Larry Flaherty and Wayne Boudreau all stopped by to play and socialize. Fred Schwarz and I played “With Friends Like These” from Out of the Attic II Friday afternoon. Mike Monczunski and I played “One Last Mighty Hew” from Friendly Fire pack 6 Friday night and Saturday afternoon. Trent Dobbs and Dustin Witje played “Churchills at Kursk” and “Desobry Defiant.” Matt Keurejian and Guy Flummerfelt played “The Ring” from an early Action Pack. Mike LaPlante and Wayne Boudreau played “Cradle to Grave.” Marco Cuenca and Mike Monczunski played “Samurai Sunset” on the Hells Corner map, just to name a few of the scenarios played. Houseman came by Friday and socialized with us and took some pictures which he posted on the Gamesquad Forum. A reporter from the combined local Macomb County newspapers stopped by on Saturday and took some pictures and did interviews with a number of us promising to do a story on the event. I have been hosting this event since 1997 when I inherited the mailing list from Kurt Martins then defunct Winter Olympics. I hosted the event at my office/warehouse from 1997 through 2011 and at the museum since then. Every event has been fun and special but this one ranks up there in fun and length of playing time. The May 2014 event has been scheduled for May 16 and 17, 2014 again at the museum.

dwardzala

Va Tech Hokie
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
PJ - Thanks for organizing this. Hopefully I can make a few more of these in the future.

Thanks again to the guys at the Museum for hosting us.

pj norton

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
May 2014 Museumfest is 30 days away! I just confirmed with the Michigan Military Technical and Historical Society that we are on for the dates May 16 and 17, 2014. The museum is a wonderful place to host an ASL friendly event. If you need any info please feel free to contact me. I will be sending out more announcements in a couple of weeks just to keep the dates fresh in your minds. Please tell all your friends. If you have any ideas about how to spread the word please contact me. I am still finding treasure troves of people who live in the area who have never heard of this event even though I have been hosting it for the last 16 years. So keep spreading the word. There are plenty of hotels in the area or if you prefer to go on the cheap send me an IM and I can offer you some suggestions for a place to crash for free. pj

pj norton

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Museumfest is just a little under 3 weeks away, May 16 and 17. Mark your calendars, prep your gear and tell your friends. pj

Easy E

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm shooting for Saturday. Didn't make it in January as I ended up hibernating that day. I believe GSDAT (aka Glennbo) will be showing up one of the days as well. We should have some DP10 designs to playtest for those interested.

Eric