Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
As a solo player, mobility's not a problem, though if I wanted to make a "travel set", I agree a pair of core components sets would be about the limit. As an aside I can get 78 (that's 3 x 26 A-Z) 1/2" in a single compartment (32 per layer in old core boxes), enough for 2 sets of squads with a set of HS if in "travel set" mode. My old core boxes are used for everything, counters, mounted maps, shallow ones for bags of overlays or sets of frequently used system counters.

Philippe D.

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
$4 each 12 for $40
I was ready to pay about $40 for 12, and then I saw the shipping charges to France - more than $20 - and decided I would pass... so my counters will stay unorganized during games (anyone who's seen a VASL game of mine in progress should know what I mean - CX, concealment, WA, Acq counters all around the board; I don't believe in deleting them...)

Roy

Living in Brownbackistan
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well, now I've seen both ends of the spectrum. Years ago, playing David Hailey in Texas in June, he showed me his counter storage system: A freezer bag stuffed with counters that he simply poured out and sifted through. :eek:

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Well, now I've seen both ends of the spectrum. Years ago, playing David Hailey in Texas in June, he showed me his counter storage system: A freezer bag stuffed with counters that he simply poured out and sifted through. :eek:
You are not alone - a number of us went through the traumatic experience of such a thing happening before one's own eyes and being unable to do anything about it... There was one guy in Germany, too. However, he used a BV box for the purpose which is not quite as bad as a freezer bag. On the other hand, there were crumbs of dried pizza among the counters... :eek:

von Marwitz

Ray Woloszyn

"Fire and Movement"
Reaction score
First name
Ray
Country
llUnited States
I still remember Nick Agalopolous from Greece working in Germany who put a cardboard backing on his BV counter sheets and would meticulously put back the counters in the exact order they came in since the backing had a xerox copy of the original sheet. I think this is the opposite of the big bad of counters.

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
I still remember Nick Agalopolous from Greece working in Germany who put a cardboard backing on his BV counter sheets and would meticulously put back the counters in the exact order they came in since the backing had a xerox copy of the original sheet. I think this is the opposite of the big bad of counters.
WoW! That I like!!!!!!

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I am mentally shaking those counter trays and the counters are falling all over.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
I am mentally shaking those counter trays and the counters are falling all over.
Luckily for the rest of the community that might want to protect themselves against Tuomo's insidious telekinetical attacks (or those by others that still lurk in the shadows) these can be countered:

I am in the position to offer pebbles of anti-telekinetical volcanic rock that I have procured from a former secret WW2 weapons test-site here in Germany for a decent 79 Euros per piece (plus shipping).

I can guarantee you, that I have never been subject to any successful telekinetic attack since I keep one of those in an inconspicious compartment in one of my RAACO Handy Boxes.

von Marwitz

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States
Yes, I find them much more useful than the ones from Hedgerow Hell because they all have a different color so if I just see a little bit of the counter peeking out I know what it is...
Steve
Is that a file you'd be willing to share? The green-on-white aren't really very useful.

kcole4001

Stray Cat
Reaction score
First name
Kevin
Country
llCanada
Nice!
Of course, now I'm wondering where my AFV cards went to all those years ago....hmmm....

sfcmikej

US Army Retired
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
All my AFV/Guns are stacked to a height of six (substuting excess 5/8" Concealment Counters if not enough of a given type are available in a double OoB) to minimize lateral counter-shifting in A75 RAACO inserts. And these stacks are maintained in their alphabetical ID-letter order. So the below example is how it does look for AFV/Guns in actual use:
on Marwitz,

Your counter storage is a complete failure as I have noted with disgust the Pz IIID ID Letter C on top AND a Pz IVA ID Letter D on top. That is just in the first four compartments. I couldn't stand to look any farther...

Mike

Last edited:

Steven Pleva

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
What's not useful about them?
You can't tell what they are if they are partially covered. They look the same as Motion and CE/BU markers. Also, mine are easier to find in the bin since picking out colors is much easier than reading each counter to figure out what it is. It's not that they aren't useful. Mine are significantly more useful, IMHO...
Steve

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
von Marwitz,

Your counter storage is a complete failure as I have noted with disgust the Pz IIID ID Letter C on top AND a Pz IVA ID Letter D on top. That is just in the first four compartments. I couldn't stand to look any farther...

Mike
:):):)

Schütze Mike,

three steps forward, so that the entire company can witness your utter ignorance with regard to the ID-lettering of AFVs by AH/MMP! Attention!

I cannot fathom what dreadful twist of fate has flushed you out of some godforsaken corner of primeval forest to become an utter discgrace for the Heer! If you can't look any further than the first four compartments, I can't conceive how you passed physical examination in the first place. While you should feel priviliged to merely behold a German Panzer from afar, you would also be privileged when being run over by one!

Had you studied as Chapter N page 4 of your Field Manual as any raw recruit is requested, you would have known that there is no lettering A to C for Panzerkampfwagen IV A. Neither in any of the Core Modules or HASLs. There is not even any Panzer IV A lettered B or C at all. Even the enemy knows that as reports about their agent Reid Hutchinson have shown.

To spare the rest of the company the embarassement of what you would answer to the question where a Panzer IV A with the ID letter A is to be found, I will tell you that this is only in Special Operations Issue 2. Which holds two of them both labelled "A". This bears witness that the persons in charge of Special Operations can't tell your arse from your face - which is comprehensible in the latter case yet inacceptable. So for that reason, these people and their ramblings won't ever set foot into my barracks!

If you even contemplate - a paradoxon in itself - to tell us that the ID letters A to C for the Panzerkampfwagen IV A might have been used for some secret weapon developments and thus don't show up, then take a few steps next to that wall over yonder, where you will in short order be joined by a peloton of four!

No? I did not think so!

But as you are here and the Heer should make anyone a better man, I will - for the benefit of all - permit you not to vent your ideas but instead your lungs. Give me a hundred! Furthermore, you will vent the company's latrines and keep them speckless for the next 40 days.

Dismissed!

von Marwitz

Last edited: