Of Javelins and Symbols

z1812

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Hi All

I have just finished playing the Fulda Gap 1 Rasdorf Cav Screen scenario from ATF. Great fun!!

However I noticed my Javelin teams did not fire. I had positioned them just inside treelines for ambush. They also kept reverting to the defilade setting. I had them originally set for engage on contact.

Also my A-10's were destroyed quite quickly by ground fire. How best to use them?

Lastly there are 2 symbols. Both are small double arrows that appear over enemy units. One red, one yellow. I can't for the life of me find out what they signify. Anyone know?

I did however win the scenario................ :vsign:

Regards John

Pat Proctor

President, ProSim Company
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
However I noticed my Javelin teams did not fire. I had positioned them just inside treelines for ambush. They also kept reverting to the defilade setting. I had them originally set for engage on contact.
Defilade is automatic and just means the team has better hidden itself. I would make sure the teams have line of sight to the target and are in range. I think this mission has DRAGON rather than Javelin teams. They have much shorter range.

Also my A-10's were destroyed quite quickly by ground fire. How best to use them?
Stay out of small arms range! Do "gun runs" toward the enemy, but reverse course before you get in range to take shots.

Lastly there are 2 symbols. Both are small double arrows that appear over enemy units. One red, one yellow. I can't for the life of me find out what they signify. Anyone know?
I assume you are playing the scenario in AATF. These markers indicate the unit is positively identified (red) or seen but not identified (yellow) by the selected unit(s).

z1812

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Hi Pat,

Thanks for the quick reply......its appreciated!

Regards John