Odd problem - VASL wizard

aneil1234

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
An odd problem has sort of appeared with me playing vassal/vasl lately

Despite how many times I turn it off in the preferences, the VASL wizard always appears.
And the checkbox saying do you want the wizard to appear is back checked again ?

I had recently upgraded my PC from Windows 7 to Windows 10.
Is this the reason ?
Or is there something else going on ?

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
An odd problem has sort of appeared with me playing vassal/vasl lately

Despite how many times I turn it off in the preferences, the VASL wizard always appears.
And the checkbox saying do you want the wizard to appear is back checked again ?

I had recently upgraded my PC from Windows 7 to Windows 10.
Is this the reason ?
Or is there something else going on ?
First thought: your preferences are stored in a directory that is write-protected from you. Can you change anything else in the preferences and have it stick?

JR

aneil1234

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Mate

Wondered that myself.
But the other preferences saved

and this has only occured since I reinstalled after my PC moterboard crashed and I had to upgrade to Win10

Running VASSAL 3.2.17 and VASL 6.4.4

and its been like years since I had the Wizard active. It was turned off before - no probs at all

and i said Strange

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
I can't shut it off either. I did not test before answering. Saving the preference may have been broken for a while, but since you had it saved already, it worked on your old machine. I suggest reporting it as a bug. You could probably type it into your prefs file, but I don't know what the key is, and none of the items in my prefs file jumped out as being the likely candidate.

JR