Objective:Schmidt Errata

volgaG68

Fighting WWII One DR At A Time
Reaction score
First name
Chris
Country
llUnited States
2) Section 8 rockets. I am not sure why the 115mm rockets of the US '44B (from 8.) are treated as 82mm and 80+ columns in 8.41.
Since I have yet to do the Sticky Errata for this module, I always just check the 'normal' Errata PDF on the BFP site when prepping for a O:S scenario. Good thing I double-checked the "Sticky" PDF, because this correction never made it on to the 'normal' Errata PDF. Both show 'updated as of 6-4-18', but it is missing from the first tab's contents.

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Since I have yet to do the Sticky Errata for this module, I always just check the 'normal' Errata PDF on the BFP site when prepping for a O:S scenario. Good thing I double-checked the "Sticky" PDF, because this correction never made it on to the 'normal' Errata PDF. Both show 'updated as of 6-4-18', but it is missing from the first tab's contents.
It's in the normal errata as well. It's the first entry under the CG rules errata.

clubby

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
@rreinesch
Rick we're playing the CG and a question came up about 5/8 MTR movement in the ReFit phase. The Gun Movement table gives a DRM for mortars, but CG11 gives an EXC for mortars making the DR to move during the ReFit phase, so we're kind of stumped. Thanks.

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
@rreinesch
Rick we're playing the CG and a question came up about 5/8 MTR movement in the ReFit phase. The Gun Movement table gives a DRM for mortars, but CG11 gives an EXC for mortars making the DR to move during the ReFit phase, so we're kind of stumped. Thanks.
Ignore the EXC in CG11. I'll get an errata out on that one. Good catch. Thanks.

william.stoppel

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
How many 5/8 counters are in OS? The armory on the Texas ASL website only shows 86 but the OS blurb on the back of the product says 88.

BBanzai

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
My friend and I are setting up OS-17, I am trying to figure out how you earn CPP for replacements to purchase? Does it follow the campaign game rules section in where you role a die during the reorganization phase. Thanks for any information on this.

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
My friend and I are setting up OS-17, I am trying to figure out how you earn CPP for replacements to purchase? Does it follow the campaign game rules section in where you role a die during the reorganization phase. Thanks for any information on this.
CPP is not accrued like the CG. On the turn noted on the table on the scenario card you get that many CPP to spend. So for example, you are playing the Germans and on the German half of turn 8 you will get 25CPP to spend on the RG table located on the scenario card. If you don't spend all of it on turn 8 (e.g., you only spend 23 CPP). Then at the next CPP deposit occasion on turn 12, the Germans will receive 17 CPP to spend, plus they can throw in the 2 CPP left over from their last CPP deposit on turn 8, for a total of 19 CPP to spend on turn 12, and so on. Make sense?

Hope you enjoy it. Make sure you note the errata for that scenario
OS-17, SBR 3: German offboard observers set up on level 7.
OS-17, SBR 4: American offboard observers set up on level 8.
OS-17, RG table where the StuH42 section is listed, should be “Note 36”.

It's an interesting challenge for both sides. Despite the duration of the scenario the Americans have to stay aggressive and play to their strengths (firepower, OBA, initial armor/mobility advantage). There is a lot of ground to cover. The Germans have to balance their defense on deciding whether to try and stop the Americans early with a front loaded defense, but keeping in mind that their defense is a brittle one due to their lower quality of their troops. With distance on their side, they can also use a fallback defense and attempt to conserve their defense, maximizing their defensive potential each turn, but then terrain ceded put the Americans that much closer to their objective.

ibncalb

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
CG1 - SSR 3 states that initial RGs are not subject to depletion, unless otherwise stated.

However, 13.3221 explicitly tells us to roll for depletion for the initial RGs.

Seems strange.

So do we roll for depletion for the initial groups?

ibncalb

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
I "purchased" a FB RG. The date I purchased them for turned out to be idle. Do I keep the FB group or lose them?

Tater

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
OS-17

SBR #3: "The German may set up =/< three squad equivalents HIP and any SMC/SW set up with them."

OS-17 is one continuous scenario with up to 5 different "set ups". The statement has no qualifications or limitations relative to only "at start" forces. A literal interpretation would say that each time the Germans "set up" forces they can HIP up to 3 squads/SMC/SW each time (Start/Turns 8-12-16-21).

So, can the German set up HIP forces per SBR #3 for each time new reinforcement forces are set up on board? If not, then some qualifying statement should be added to SBR #3.

Chas

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Please read SBR 5 and let me know if you still have a question.

Tater

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yes, I read SBR 5 before I asked the question. Not all German forces will "enter"...some will be able to "set up" on board per note "n" (purchase chart). Based on SBR 3 the German player should be able to HIP up to three squads worth of any infantry setting up on board.

If that isn't the intention the SBR 3 should say something along the lines of..."For the initial set up, the German may use HIP for =/< 3 squad equivalents and any SMC/SW set up with them."

Chas

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
For SBR 2 it is the initial OB