Objective:Schmidt Errata

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Q: I can’t find note ‘O’ under German reinforcement group chart for V1 and V2?

A: The note is not missing, but the reference is incorrect.

Errata: In the German RG chart, for V2 and V3, the note should read "a,c,n". For V6 and V7, the note should read "a,c,m" and "c,m", respectively. For O6 the note should read "k,m".

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Q: Are hexes with map drawn PB assumed to have a trench in their hex as well as any connecting trench in an accessible hex when there is a tiny bit if trench art in the PB hex? So hex E11 does that PB have a trench in itself as well as the trench in E12? The artwork in E11 seems to suggest yes, but this could be just that art and aesthetics. While rule 7.0 does not make clear enough* if such hexes (E11 with its little bit of art) are trenches too...E11 is bunker b/c of the E12 artwork...and so matches rule 7.0 in this regard. But 7.0 does not solve the issue whether the bunker is also formed by the little in hex snippet of trench.

A: There is no trench, per se, in the hex with the on-map pillbox. The intent was to leverage that part of the B30.7 Bunker definition which states, "and/or in a hex Accessible to a Trench counter's hex". The presence of the snippet of trench in the PB's hex is for artistic/aesthetic purposes only.

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Known scenario errata for O:S.

OS-11, SBR 4: German offboard observers set up on level 6.

OS-12, SBR 3: German offboard observers set up on level 6.
OS-12, SBR 4: American offboard observers set up on level 8.

OS-13, Mission: German VC occur at > level 2.
OS-13, SBR 2: Germans can set up at < level 0.
OS-13, SBR 3: German offboard observers set up on level 7.

OS-16, SBR 3: German offboard observers set up on level 7.

OS-17, SBR 3: German offboard observers set up on level 7.
OS-17, SBR 4: American offboard observers set up on level 8.

I've updated the downloads on the second post in this thread. Current version is dated 20182101.

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Q: In scenario OS-2, "The Wolf's Howl," the VC say the Germans need to control at least 36 stone buildings/rubble hexes of 57 possible in the American setup area. I've counted till my eyes glazed over, but I only see 56 stone building hexes in the American setup area.

A: We have a unique situation in that control covers stone buildings and rubble. But the rubble can be any kind of rubble. So if the wooden building in Z28 should happen to be rubbled, it now qualifies for VC purposes. Hence the total of 57.

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Errata: O:S HBR, on BFP2, item 22, Interrogation in the title is misspelled.

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Errata: O:S CG Rules, 13.3093, line 7, the rules reference should be to "P7.1". A better reference would be to B28.45.
Note: As applied it is simply stating that, "...the owner places the desired number of these counters onboard (with the strength-side down). Once the strength of such a counter has been revealed, it is flipped over."

I've updated the downloads on the second post in this thread. Current version is dated 20180204.

Last edited:

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
CG Rules
Errata: Section 13.3214 in the third bullet, "per OS HBR 12" should actually be"per OS CG12"

Errata: Section 13.3217 under RG Str.: "12.6221-.6224" should be "13.3221-.3224"
Under SW/Gun(s) Received, line 2: There is an extra decimal point before the second 13.

I've updated the downloads on the second post in this thread. Current version is dated 20180205.

Last edited:

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Errata: Chapter H German Vehicle Listing table: Missing a sM4 for the M4A3(a), and sM8 for M4A3(105)(a); Missing sP5 number for M10 GMC(a) and add corresponding US Note S. Also on M10 GMC(a) the special ammo needs to be moved one column to the left, and a dagger should be added to the (T76L) MA.

I've uploaded the file on this thread. Current version is dated 20180208.

Last edited:

volgaG68

Fighting WWII One DR At A Time
Reaction score
First name
Chris
Country
llUnited States
On the German Force Pool Table, O:S 17, where the StuH42 section is listed, should that be 'Note 36' instead of the 'Note 42' that is printed? I'm guessing it is a typo, but just wanted to make double-sure that the 'Note 42' StuG variant was not meant to actually be used. Thanks.

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
On the German Force Pool Table, O:S 17, where the StuH42 section is listed, should that be 'Note 36' instead of the 'Note 42' that is printed? I'm guessing it is a typo, but just wanted to make double-sure that the 'Note 42' StuG variant was not meant to actually be used. Thanks.
Could also be referring to Note 35 as well, very doubtful it's referring to Semovente (note 41).

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yeah, it's a typo. I'll get errata put out on it. It impacts the CG rules as well.

apbills

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have already sent these to BFP during my recent e-mail change issues, but wanted to post here as well (partly to celebrate being allowed to post again!).

1) German Reinforcement Group Chart. I believe the Notes for G2 and V7 are incorrect. G2 is Gun Note 7 and V7 is Veh note 6 (both say note 1 in the chart)
2) Section 8 rockets. I am not sure why the 115mm rockets of the US '44B (from 8.) are treated as 82mm and 80+ columns in 8.41.
3) Looking for clarification regarding '44B which previously was only allowed to fire ATT and could not jettison rockets (OS now allows ITT/VTT and jettisoning of the rockets).
4) was looking for clarification on American group F1 CPP costs. I assume the "*" refers to the exception in note "h" regarding 2 extra CPP for arming with both bombs and rockets.

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
1) German Reinforcement Group Chart. I believe the Notes for G2 and V7 are incorrect. G2 is Gun Note 7 and V7 is Veh note 6 (both say note 1 in the chart)
Correct. I'll get (sticky) errata generated for that.

2) Section 8 rockets. I am not sure why the 115mm rockets of the US '44B (from 8.) are treated as 82mm and 80+ columns in 8.41.
Good point. The current wording still gets the point across, but I'll generate some errata to clarify the examples.

3) Looking for clarification regarding '44B which previously was only allowed to fire ATT and could not jettison rockets (OS now allows ITT/VTT and jettisoning of the rockets).
This is applicable to OS only.

4) was looking for clarification on American group F1 CPP costs. I assume the "*" refers to the exception in note "h" regarding 2 extra CPP for arming with both bombs and rockets.
Correct.

apbills

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
A few more questions:
1. Section 13.3254 - Under both German and American Assault: Should the word "more" be added after "six" and "four" for each respective paragraph?
2. German Ordnance Notes. The picture as well as the counter for the 50mm BM obr. 40(r) do not list a B#, however, the listing indicates a B11. Is the listing an error?
3. The M2(a) counter shows a B11, the listing is blank. Should this be a B11 in the listing?
4. The M1(a) counter and picture has M11, the listing has a bold 10. Is the listing incorrect?
5. There are no BPV nor RF for the M1(a) 81mm MTR and the M1 57mm AT listings.
6. The M1(a) 81mm counter has "WP6" on the back of both counters. The listing has "WP8" as does the picture in the listing. Which is correct?

Last edited:

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
A few more questions:
1. Section 13.3254 - Under both German and American Assault: Should the word "more" be added after "six" and "four" for each respective paragraph?
The word 'more' is somewhat redundant to the sentence.

2. German Ordnance Notes. The picture as well as the counter for the 50mm BM obr. 40(r) do not list a B#, however, the listing indicates a B11. Is the listing an error?
The listing is in error. We'd gone back and forth on that one, and that slipped by. It should be B12. I'll get (sticky) errata put out on that.

3. The M2(a) counter shows a B11, the listing is blank. Should this be a B11 in the listing?
The listing is in error. We'd gone back and forth on that one, and that slipped by. It should be B11. I'll get (sticky) errata put out on that.

4. The M1(a) counter and picture has M11, the listing has a bold 10. Is the listing incorrect?
The listing is in error. It should be M11. I'll get (sticky) errata put out on that.

5. There are no BPV nor RF for the M1(a) 81mm MTR and the M1 57mm AT listings.
That is actually intentional as we don't expect the captured US equipment to be formally fielded to German units. These represent equipment captured on the battlefield and immediately reused.

6. The M1(a) 81mm counter has "WP6" on the back of both counters. The listing has "WP8" as does the picture in the listing. Which is correct?
It should be WP8. It is correct on the back of my counters. This may be a situation where one half of the counter sheet was correct, but the other half was not. Double check the values and get back to me at ctasl at aol dot com.

apbills

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The word 'more' is somewhat redundant to the sentence.
Perhaps, but these are the 3 sentences (the first and the other 2 I questioned):
DUAL ATTACK: The Germans win if at CG-Scenario end they control ≥ one more building/ rubble than they controlled at the start of the scenario.

GERMAN ASSAULT: The Germans win if at CG Scenario End they control ≥ six buildings/ rubble than they controlled at the start of the scenario.

AMERICAN ASSAULT: The American wins if at CG Scenario End they control ≥ four buildings/ rubble than they controlled at the start of the scenario, or if they inflict ≥ twice as many CVP as they lose, provided they inflict at least 20 CVP.

It probably doesn't matter, more or less the meaning is clear.

It should be WP8. It is correct on the back of my counters. This may be a situation where one half of the counter sheet was correct, but the other half was not. Double check the values and get back to me at ctasl at aol dot com.
E-mail with picture sent.

Alan