Obamacare: now we will get to see how much conservatives really care about Americans

Sand Bar Bill

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It could be invalidated. That would leave millions without insurance and particularly those with pre-existing conditions.

And people wonder why I never vote Republican.

zgrose

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Zoltan
Country
llUnited States
Repeal and Lack of Replace would be disappointing to me.

Too bad they couldn't try Replace up front. I'm not sure any political party liked the old way of doing healthcare.

zgrose

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Zoltan
Country
llUnited States
There was never a plan to replace. They (R's) only mission is to undo everything Obama. Period.
Are you so sure? Seems like that would be a plan to legislate themselves out of government. If old white people are the core of the Republican Party, that's also the core of people that need affordable healthcare. They must have some kind of plan to keep their base on their side, no?

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
There was never a plan to replace. They (R's) only mission is to undo everything Obama. Period.
Absolutely dead right: ACA, Iran Deal, DACA, etc. They wish to wipe that black stain from the White House.

Sand Bar Bill

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The old, white GOP love socialized healthcare... it's called Medicare.

It just so happens it benefits them. You won't find a single conservative here or elsewhere support better healthcare otherwise.

I can only hope the GOP is headed for the garbage dumps of history, but it doesn't seem likely given the amount of nuttery out there.

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Are you so sure? Seems like that would be a plan to legislate themselves out of government. If old white people are the core of the Republican Party, that's also the core of people that need affordable healthcare. They must have some kind of plan to keep their base on their side, no?
Have you seen one? heard of one? How many times have they voted to get rid of the Affordable Care Act? (60+/-)

In all of that time they have produced exactly zero plans. They do not worry about the 'old white people' vote. As long as they live they will vote Republican without ever considering a vote for a Democrat. Fox News tells them that and that is all they need. This is not rhetoric.

When we get around family friends or In-Laws and the word democrat comes up in a conversation, all of a sudden it is like they are vampires that have just been hit by holy water. 1 or 2 will just explode and no matter what you say or how you try and counter their arguments, they say they are all lies. My wife's eldest brother will not even allow politics to be discussed in his home. Every time tRUMP comes close, on one of his Munich rally tours, they will attend. Two Christmas's ago, they actually gave a tRUMP "Make America Great Again" hat as a gift -to one of the Democrats in the family. They wore it around the house for the remainder of the evening but left it there when they left.

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The old, white GOP love socialized healthcare... it's called Medicare.

It just so happens it benefits them. You won't find a single conservative here or elsewhere support better healthcare otherwise.

I can only hope the GOP is headed for the garbage dumps of history, but it doesn't seem likely given the amount of nuttery out there.

The "old white people" will have to pass away. That is the only way the tRUMP Party dies. Keep in mind, we are talking mostly 60 - 80 year olds. The younger and more educated whites do not flock to the tRUMP banner.

Sand Bar Bill

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Have you seen one? heard of one? How many times have they voted to get rid of the Affordable Care Act? (60+/-)

In all of that time they have produced exactly zero plans. They do not worry about the 'old white people' vote. As long as they live they will vote Republican without ever considering a vote for a Democrat. Fox News tells them that and that is all they need. This is not rhetoric.

When we get around family friends or In-Laws and the word democrat comes up in a conversation, all of a sudden it is like they are vampires that have just been hit by holy water. 1 or 2 will just explode and no matter what you say or how you try and counter their arguments, they say they are all lies. My wife's eldest brother will not even allow politics to be discussed in his home. Every time tRUMP comes close, on one of his Munich rally tours, they will attend. Two Christmas's ago, they actually gave a tRUMP "Make America Great Again" hat as a gift -to one of the Democrats in the family. They wore it around the house for the remainder of the evening but left it there when they left.
It's one thing to hold hard-headed views based on policy as to what is best for the US, but what happens is that a focus on soap opera scandal instead.

I guess that latest billionaire scandal regarding underage prostitutes is a great distraction to call out Democrats by association, rather than having to focus on policy and governance.

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It's one thing to hold hard-headed views based on policy as to what is best for the US, but what happens is that a focus on soap opera scandal instead.

I guess that latest billionaire scandal regarding underage prostitutes is a great distraction to call out Democrats by association, rather than having to focus on policy and governance.
and how about the Mar-A-Logo party with tRUMP, Epstein and 28 girls. You know tRUMP was right there getting it on with those girls but again the 'conservatives' will ignore it for Dear Leader.

Sand Bar Bill

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
and how about the Mar-A-Logo party with tRUMP, Epstein and 28 girls. You know tRUMP was right there getting it on with those girls but again the 'conservatives' will ignore it for Dear Leader.
The rich are different than you and I. LOL.

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
And it looks like Judge Roy Moore will ride again, Yeehaw!

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
Of course I forgot my most chilling thought. It's good news for US kids though, as those in power have cages brim full of non-US kiddies to play with, after all, they can't let Border Patrol have all the fun.

Sparafucil3

Elder Member
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
I support better healthcare. -- jim

Sand Bar Bill

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I support better healthcare. -- jim
That is indeed the conservative signature on health care... lip service.

That is why I vote Democrat, they actually do things.

And since you vote Libertarian, you are voting for someone who will make health care worse.

Last edited:

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
now we will get to see how much conservatives really care about Americans

Ummm, hurricane Katrina didn't clue you in? How about Puerto Rico (and yes republicans, they are Americans even if they aren't WASPs)? How about 9/11 survivors?

Sparafucil3

Elder Member
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
That is indeed the conservative signature on health care... lip service.

That is why I vote Democrat, they actually do things.

And since you vote Libertarian, you are voting for someone who will make health care worse.
I vote for the candidate who most suits my beliefs. Right now, that's the Libertarians. I supported ACA. I still support it, although I think it could be made better.

FWIW, this is precisely what's wrong with American politics. Here I am, someone who is predisposed to your position, and you would rather insult me, tell me how you're better, and then wonder why I won't get on the bus. You're no different than the Fox News watching crowd when it comes down to brass tacks. -- jim (or tax for that matter)

zgrose

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Zoltan
Country
llUnited States
This Lauren Underwood seems to have the right approach.

Sand Bar Bill

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This Lauren Underwood seems to have the right approach.
Naturally a Democrat and naturally, from the article...

Health care experts praise Underwood’s vision, even while acknowledging that it will take more than sound policy to sell that vision to a hostile Senate controlled by Republicans.

Republicans don't do sound policy; they do lip service and express phony concern.

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Republicans don't do sound policy; they do lip service and express phony concern.
They don't even express phony concern. They are mostly silent about everything. Not a word about the concentration camps from any Republican. Shameful.