OBA KIA result on stack in hex.

Matt Book

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
An AFV, 3 Squads, and a leader are hit by a 3 KIA by 150 mm OBA. How do you resolve the KIA attacks by random selction ? Is the AFV automatically destroyed and then you apply random selction to the infantry only or do you include the AFV in the random selction process along with the infantry ?

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Matt Book said:
Is the AFV automatically destroyed and then you apply random selction to the infantry only ?
Yes, the Vehicle is destroyed, and then you select the Infantry units to die.

Fred Ingram

Average Player
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Matt Book said:
An AFV, 3 Squads, and a leader are hit by a 3 KIA by 150 mm OBA. How do you resolve the KIA attacks by random selction ? Is the AFV automatically destroyed and then you apply random selction to the infantry only or do you include the AFV in the random selction process along with the infantry ?
This must be the puzzler that Mark De Vries was talking about on Sunday.

I would assume that the vehicle dies automatically but that random selection occurs against the infantry

Matt Book

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
That's how we played it...

The problem is it states under KIA rules that all units are selected by random selection and under OBA it doesn't set a priority. Where are the rules that state this though ?

Bret Hildebran

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I believe this is analogous to the 1KIA result on 2 squads, one of which has a flamethrower meaning it's a 2KIA on him & they both die type thing (or substitute foxhole or concealment or whatever that gets you onto two different results which are K/KIA). The tank is affected differently than the infantry as it adds in AF modifiers and is only affected by a KIA/K/1> result. While the infantry may have gotten TEM for the vehicle etc.

Given the 2 different mechanisms to obtain the KIA result, they're applied independently killing the tank and at least 3 of the 4 infantry units.

That help? Or just confuse things more?

Bret Hildebran
damavs@alltel.net
www.aslok.org

cujo8-1

The Earl of Burgundy
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Very good question and answer! I believe Bret's answer to be correct and well explained. It makes sense to me. Thanks!

Matt Book

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Bret Hildebran said:
I believe this is analogous to the 1KIA result on 2 squads, one of which has a flamethrower meaning it's a 2KIA on him & they both die type thing (or substitute foxhole or concealment or whatever that gets you onto two different results which are K/KIA). The tank is affected differently than the infantry as it adds in AF modifiers and is only affected by a KIA/K/1> result. While the infantry may have gotten TEM for the vehicle etc.

Given the 2 different mechanisms to obtain the KIA result, they're applied independently killing the tank and at least 3 of the 4 infantry units.

That help? Or just confuse things more?

Bret Hildebran
damavs@alltel.net
www.aslok.org
I think your interpretation is right, but it just doesn't state in the rules if they are treated as seperate when you have them mixed in the same hex. Under the KIA rules it lists that Personel (MMC, SMC) are randomly selected and then it states if two or more vehicles are attakced then the same random process occurs. Still, it never states what applies when they are mixed, but I do agree with your interpretation.