OBA at Night

Phil Palmer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Getting ready to play the OWT CG. Both the US and Japanese have OBA modules on the first Night CG date. I guess I'm being dense, but it seems to
me it would be very hard to use OBA at night. What would it take to place an
AR (or even call in to a PRH)? Would the AR hex need to be illuminated so that your OBO/observer would have LOS? Can ARs/ PRH missions be called against Gunflash locations? Any hints at how to work OBA at night would be appreciated.

Phil "way in the dark on this one" Palmer

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Phil Palmer said:
Would the AR hex need to be illuminated so that your OBO/observer would have LOS?
Typically, yes unless the AR hex is in NVR without illumination.

Phil Palmer said:
Can ARs/ PRH missions be called against Gunflash locations?
I believe so, yes.

Phil Palmer said:
Any hints at how to work OBA at night would be appreciated.
Harrassing Fire is typically very effective at night in the Jungle, especially if all your guys are in foxholes. I'm not sure that there are any tricks to OBA at night; it is just more difficult to get LOS to an AR hex. Note that all hexes in an FFE are Gunflash location. Note that an observer can see an SR regardless of NVR.

Chris Milne

Reaction score
Country
ll
Don't own OWT, but when you have OBA at night, you may want to use it in conjunction with some IRs or trip flares. Of course, that may be defeated by nasty things like dense jungle (or just not having the right equipment).

But as Brian says, there's some value to dropping it on your own positions if you have the benefit of foxholes and are being overrun...