OARS V2 now online

Nat Mallet

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Good Day,

A few weeks ago, Jim McLeod promised the delivery of a new version of OARS, as the previous maintainer was regrettably no longer able to maintain it. Since then, I've been spending my free time trying to get the system up and running. I'm excited to announce that OARS V2 is now online:

http://www.natmallet.net/oars/

The current version isn't much to look at yet, as I focused my energies on robustness and performance. In the weeks to come, I'll continue to add functionality, such as scenario statics (similar to ROAR), player win/loss records, player ranking sorting, site customization, and any other feature recommended by ASL'ers. I'll also be updating the appearance.

A few notes on the OARS system:

1. Registration is required for adding scenarios and battles.

2. The only mandatory registration information items are User ID and password. I do suggest, however, that you enter your name, city and email address, for tournament seeding and opponent finding features (to be added later).

3. I don't have access to OARS V1 data, except for what's available on the old site. Therefor, all ratings are reset to 1500. If you'd like to keep your OARS V1 ratings, email me BEFORE you enter your first match.

4. The system is in its Beta testing period. If you find any bugs or if you have any suggestions for improvement, please email me (nat@natmallet.net). If bugs are found that require a database change, I'll try and keep the data if at all possible, but if it isn't, I may have to reset the system. So don't add all of your matches for the last 4 years just yet, just in case.

5. Both you and your opponent must enter the battle. I'm using a double-entry mechanism to validate battle results so I don't have to.

I truly hope the new OARS web site will prove to be useful to everyone. Please feel free to email me at nat@natmallet.net if you have any questions, complaints or suggestions.

Nat
nat@natmallet.net

Larry

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yes but you did not log back in. Apparently the new forum does not recognize the old cookie and you have to log back in at least the first time.