OARS back online

Nat Mallet

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
ASLers,

Now that the forums have been moved to their new home and all of the bugs have been flushed out, I've had time to work on OARS. The site is back online and ready for users to register, enter scenarios and battles, etc.

There are several changes to the site.

First, the v2 user interface is gone. Very few people liked it, and I have the email telling me exactly that. So I've replaced it with the v1 user interface.

Second, some information is missing. Actually, a lot of information is missing, because I only have the old site's publicly available data. All 703 users and their ratings are in the new database, but you'll need to update your player information. All battle history is lost. I do have the scenario lists, but not the details (although it's not needed for the ratings).

Third, there's still a bit of work to do on the site's backend. As mentioned above, you can use the site to register players, scenarios and battles, but it could take a little while before it appears on the site.

Fourth, all of the OARS v2 data will be merged into this latest version of OARS. So everyone who's registered themselves and battles in OARS v2, your data will be moved automatically.

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to email me at:

webmaster@asl-forums.net

Thanks,

Nat