Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
I have the errata from the MMP web page:

ASL OA7 (Celles Melee): Setup is simultaneous and the Americans move first.

SSR 2, however, states "Prior to setup, the German player must secretly record the hex of entry for all of his units".

Does SSR 2 really mean "Prior to seeing the American setup"?

TIA

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
I have the errata from the MMP web page:

ASL OA7 (Celles Melee): Setup is simultaneous and the Americans move first.

SSR 2, however, states "Prior to setup, the German player must secretly record the hex of entry for all of his units".

Does SSR 2 really mean "Prior to seeing the American setup"?

TIA
That would be my take of it. Prior to (all) setup, the entry hex must be recorded.

von Marwitz

MrHonus

Honus
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Setup is a pregame function. Placement of reinforcements is a player turn activity (Rally Phase 1.11A). No ambiguity in the SSR.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
I wonder why that errata says that "Setup is simultaneous" - given that the Americans is the only side that sets up onboard, seems odd to me.

If one just follows the SSR - i.e., the Germans record their entry hex, then the Americans set up, I don't see the problem. I can't really see what that errata is about. Well, at least not the "Setup is simultaneous".

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
I wonder why that errata says that "Setup is simultaneous" - given that the Americans is the only side that sets up onboard, seems odd to me.

If one just follows the SSR - i.e., the Germans record their entry hex, then the Americans set up, I don't see the problem. I can't really see what that errata is about. Well, at least not the "Setup is simultaneous".
Perhaps the intention was that the Germans could not see the American setup before they set up their first-turn reinforcements. But, as has been said, reinforcements are an in-game activity and setup is pre-game.

JR

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Perhaps the intention was that the Germans could not see the American setup before they set up their first-turn reinforcements.
They can't - SSR 2 says they need to choose their entry hex(es) prior to setup - that means prior to all setup.

Elements of 2nd Panzer Division [ELR: 4] enter on Turn 1 on 19I10, 9A5, and/or 17A5 (see SSR2 ): {SAN: 2}

"2. Prior to setup, the German player must secretly record the hex of entry for all of his units...."

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Perhaps is it about the order of entry, not just the hex?