OA3 Waiting for Frendenall

Jude

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Pretty sure SSR 1's reference to hex S3 as Level 0 should say S5. That would eliminate the entire hill mass on the north.

clubby

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
No errata exists for that scenario but it sure looks as though you're right.

Jude

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
No errata exists for that scenario but it sure looks as though you're right.
My friend and I are going to try this one next week but there are some other strange things in this scenario. There is no reference for the terrain that extends from Board 15 to the other desert boards. Nothing about the roads (they just end where they butt up to the desert boards). We're going to assume the terrain exists and extends onto the bordering hex and that the roads do exist on Board 15. You'd think that this would have been brought up in playtesting...

Last edited:

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
Pretty sure SSR 1's reference to hex S3 as Level 0 should say S5. That would eliminate the entire hill mass on the north.
Is there a PerrySez in here somewhere?

Moving this the the correct forum......

Jude

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Is there a PerrySez in here somewhere?

Moving this the the correct forum......
I pretty sure not. I wasn't quite sure where to post this so I picked one. Thanks for taking care of it for me.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
My friend and I are going to try this one next week but there are some other strange things in this scenario. There is no reference for the terrain that extends from Board 15 to the other desert boards.
That should be already handled by the rules.

A2.3:
"In the rare instance in which an Open Ground half-hex is butted together with another terrain type half-hex, the combined hex is considered that non-Open Ground terrain type."

F.2:
"A hex comprising a Desert half-hex and a non-Desert half-hex is considered Desert Terrain only if it is also a Wadi (5.) hex and/or is Accessible to Hammada-(3.)/Sand-(7.)."

Nothing about the roads (they just end where they butt up to the desert boards).
Yes, nothing special about that I think.

We're going to assume the terrain exists and extends onto the bordering hex and that the roads do exist on Board 15.
I think that is in line with what the rules say, so I would go with that as well.

Jude

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks for the clarifications, Klas. Based on what you said, I don't think it would be unreasonable to add something like this to SSR 1, "The roads exist on Board 15 only. Consider desert half hexes bordering hexes with terrain as that non-open ground type (A2.3)." That would help semi-old farts like me grasp the scenario situation easier.