O11.6091- In the RePh does fire spread from a Burning Wreck in Bypass to the Building its Bypassing?

Ralph Malf

***** Veteran
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
O11.6091 says "Each Burning Wreck has its Blaze counter transferred to the Burnable Terrain in its Location (if any).....edit...."
So In the RePh does fire spread from a Burning Wreck in Bypass to the single hex Building its Bypassing?
(This rule is in lots of CGs so it must be obvious, but its not obvious to me. :))

Last edited:

EagleIV

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Since it is possible for a burning wreck to cause the building it is bypassing to catch fire (at least in general, with some EC, etc it may not be possible) I would say yes the building will catch fire.

apbills

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
A bypassing vehicle is in the same Location as the same level terrain. so "in its Location" is true. See A2.8, "Each hex contains one Location, unless a sewer, tunnel, cave, bridge, pillbox, or upper building level creates one or more additional Locations within that hex." Bypassing is not something that creates another Location.

Wayne

Doing Plenty, Kinda Slow
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
eASLRB said:
B25.6 SPREADING FIRE: ... A Burning Wreck in Bypass may spread to Burnable Terrain in either/both of the two hexes it straddles...
The general rule is that a Bypass vehicle blaze =might= spread to burnable terrain in either of the hexes it straddles.

The 'tween-dates CG rule you quote is that it =will= spread, but only to the burnable terrain of its own Location.

Ralph Malf

***** Veteran
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks for the replies.
I agree that per rule O11.6091 the Burning Wreck Blaze is automatically spread during the Refit Phase to the building it is bypassing, and then by extension that building location will become non-burning Rubble before the next CG date per rule O11.6094.
I am no longer confused......about this one rule, anyway. :)