O Chapter 2nd Ed

cjordang

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
Hi everyone,

Chapter O rules 2nd Ed formatted were included in BV2/Red Barricades ... am I right?. I guess there is no other way to get them :upset: Please MMP, include that in Red October.

Thanks.

bprobst

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Bruce
Country
llAustralia
Chapter O rules 2nd Ed formatted were included in BV2/Red Barricades ... am I right?. I guess there is no other way to get them :upset: Please MMP, include that in Red October.
You are correct.

I am hoping that MMP will see fit to include a complete copy of RB inside the RO box as a bonus.

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
You are correct.

I am hoping that MMP will see fit to include a complete copy of RB inside the RO box as a bonus.
Though I have RB, both the original and the BV v2 versions, I would be prepared to pay the price difference to see the two combined.

The rule set should be almost identical except for the OoB stuff and extra CG, so I would guess 50% extra pages maximum over RO only.
I suspect some extra counters due to a possible combined map CG counter requirement and of course 2 sets of map.

Danish

CyberASL Open Tournament Director
Reaction score
Country
llDenmark
Though I have RB, both the original and the BV v2 versions, I would be prepared to pay the price difference to see the two combined.

The rule set should be almost identical except for the OoB stuff and extra CG, so I would guess 50% extra pages maximum over RO only.
I suspect some extra counters due to a possible combined map CG counter requirement and of course 2 sets of map.
I have to agree with Paul here.
I also own RB, but please just release one big module with RO+RB together. One set of combined rules, both maps in same color.

Ganjulama

Tuco B.P.J. Maria Ramirez
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi everyone,

Thanks.
I was not even aware that there was a 2nd edition RB rules that only came in BV2. I did not buy that module, because I had both already. What are the differences between v1 and v2?

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States
I was not even aware that there was a 2nd edition RB rules that only came in BV2. I did not buy that module, because I had both already. What are the differences between v1 and v2?
AFAIK, just increased font size.

Edit: I'm wrong, keep reading.

S

Last edited:

richfam

Reaction score

bprobst

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Bruce
Country
llAustralia
Not that I recall, but I also don't much care for Stalingrad, so I haven't made a big study.
May I humbly suggest, Spencer, that before you give a definitive answer, you do make the study? Because your answer is extremely wrong. Given that you state that you have no interest, why post a reply at all?

Yes, there was a large quantity of errata between 1st & 2nd edition Chapter O. I know, because I created the file that is referred to above (although the Texas guys neglected to credit me for it ...).

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States
May I humbly suggest, Spencer, that before you give a definitive answer, you do make the study? Because your answer is extremely wrong. Given that you state that you have no interest, why post a reply at all?

Yes, there was a large quantity of errata between 1st & 2nd edition Chapter O. I know, because I created the file that is referred to above (although the Texas guys neglected to credit me for it ...).
"AFAIK" indicates I'm not completely sure. As for why I answered at all, that's a fair point. I normally do not do so when I'm not sure, but was (incorrectly, I admit) fairly confident here. (I thought remembered others answering this). Obviously, I was mistaken. Apologies for inadvertently creating confusion.

S

Last edited:

Rock SgtDan

Reaction score
First name
Dan
Country
llSlovenia
What is proposed module "RO?"

It would be helpful if the Texas pdf told the reader that the 2nd ed rules come from the combined BV/RB module.

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
What is proposed module "RO?"

It would be helpful if the Texas pdf told the reader that the 2nd ed rules come from the combined BV/RB module.
RO = Red October Factory; this was the factory to the South of the Red Barricades factory.

I've seen the playtest maps and the entire area looks impressive on the maps.

I just hope MMP places enough counters in this HASL to fight the large CGs.

Proff3RTR

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
RO = Red October Factory; this was the factory to the South of the Red Barricades factory.

I've seen the playtest maps and the entire area looks impressive on the maps.

I just hope MMP places enough counters in this HASL to fight the large CGs.
+1 to that, this could be really fun, both maps linked and a huge CG.

samtyson

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Credit duly noted on the Texas ASL download page, Bruce.

Anything else need to have your name associated with it?

Sam