NY State ASLSK Tournament

MitchA

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This is a quick reminder regarding the New York State ASLSK tournament. I would like to tell everyone with that we have dozens of players that have signed up. Unfortunately we don’t.

I am trying to figure out why. I have tried to make this as easy as I can for players.
  1. A player can play as many or as few games as they want. The minimum number, however, is one.
  2. A player can play anytime they want to upon agreement with their opponent.
3. They are not obligated to play multiple games on any day.

4. The five dollar registration fee should be affordable for anyone.

However, if someone has difficulty with that please email me. It

was never designed to be prohibitive. (mhabrams@comcast.net)

5. Players can play any scenario they want. The ones I proposed are

not set in stone.

6. No one has to be an expert at VASL to play. This is a Starter Kit “tournament”. This is all about trying to improve and playing other people.

I am hoping that we can increase the number of participants so that we can have an actual virtual tournament.

Finally, two years ago I entered a VASL “tournament” for fun. I played a very nice player who does not live near me and is across the country. He plays pretty much the same way I do, for fun and we help each other improve our game. It has been a wonderful experience and I am very glad I took a chance and signed up.

It is the main reason I run the Albany SK tournament and the Nor’easter SK Learning Sessions. You just may find somebody you enjoy playing with and do so on a continuing basis. So I would ask people to take a shot and register.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

MitchA

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I would like to thank all those who participated in the Albany Virtual Starter Kit Tournament. The tournament took place between 15 November and 5 December. Rather than cram everything into one weekend, I was looking to have a more leisurely, spread out tournament. This was especially true given the potential new VASL environment to beginner players.

I believe that goal of a leisurely, spread out tournament was accomplished. From the feedback I have received by the participants, everyone had a challenging, yet fun time with great opponents. I should also note that not one rules question came up during the tournament in which I had to get involved. Such was the cordial play exhibited by the participants.

The winner of the tournament was Richard Vierra who was the only participant to go undefeated. I would be remiss not to mention that Richard also won last years face-to-face ASLSK tournament in Albany.

A real plaque will be sent to him commemorating this achievement but as befitting the nature of a virtual ASL tournament, a virtual plaque will be sent to all the participants with my thanks.
Mitch