NW Wisconsin

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Any ASL players in/around Hayward Wisconsin?
Well, My buddy Steve just moved to Amery a short while back & another is in Baldwin. We travel to the Twin Cities once a month to the ASL club there & would consider a little jaunt to the "real" North Woods (but not in the middle of JAN-FEB:D) for some ASL goodness I'm sure. The guys also have a hunting cabin up there (Trego) and visit it quite often. I'll talk it over with them on our trip to Chicago for the ASL Open at the end of this month. Keep in touch.

Curtis Brooks

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hey Don, did you move to Hayward?

I live in Menomonie and Tom (above) lives in Eau Claire. We're both about 2 hours away.

I'd drive up this summer for a game, or you could head this way.

Are you going to Chicago this year? We might have room if you need a ride.

Curtis

Big Noodle

Yooper Lunatic
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
No way to do the Open this year, still getting the house together after the move.
The cabin in Trego sounds good, I drive thru there a lot.

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
No way to do the Open this year, still getting the house together after the move.
The cabin in Trego sounds good, I drive thru there a lot.
Don,
Perhaps we could get something together in the Rice Lake area (about an hour drive for each of us), Steve Rogers may have a line on this, I'll see if it's possible to find a location.

Earthpig

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Don, The cabin is actually north of you, up in Bayfield County between Iron River and Port Wing.... both seething with gaming activity...NOT! It has a HUGE table for gaming but needs a generator for good lighting, wood for heat and a jaunt outside to the "little house" and is ummm, rustic that's it, rustic. it's about 45 min to an hour North on Hwy 27, east on Hwy 2 and then North on County A and then a 2 mile drive down Sorensen Road..<Banjo Music> https://www.facebook.com/BoarsDen is the FB page with pics....Like I said, rustic.

Last edited:

Big Noodle

Yooper Lunatic
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Update: I also have a converted garage that would, with some lights and tables, be a good gaming venue.

Earthpig

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Update: I also have a converted garage that would, with some lights and tables, be a good gaming venue.
Steve Rogers, also has a garage he has talked about setting up for larger weekend style ASL gatherings I have not asked him yet but thought about calling it "Unmotivated Garage Fest"...if you remember the old ASLML days.

Big Noodle

Yooper Lunatic
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
We should set a date and location for the 1st Unmotivated Garage Fest!
Maybe on a Sunday, around 9 ish? We could get 3 rounds in if we pushed...(or just 2)