NVR 0, Tanks and Illumination

The Purist

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gerry
Country
llCanada
Chapter E's night rules note that at night with an NVR of 0 a vehicle must be CE to move but does not note whether an illuminated hex would remove this requirement.

Likewise, illumination does seem to cancel the +1 MP per hex for vehicles at night.

Would moving in an illuminated location cancel the above?

Anyone aware of some old errata or Q&A on this?

EDIT: Oops, wrong section

'Ol Fezziwig

Repressed Dissident
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Chapter E's night rules note that at night with an NVR of 0 a vehicle must be CE to move but does not note whether an illuminated hex would remove this requirement.

Likewise, illumination does seem to cancel the +1 MP per hex for vehicles at night.

Would moving in an illuminated location cancel the above?

Anyone aware of some old errata or Q&A on this?

EDIT: Oops, wrong section
Being in/ADJ to an illuminated location grants freedom of movement (E1.531) I believe the +1MF remains in Illuminated Locations notwithstanding (E1.9)

EagleIV

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The OP has nothing to do with Freedom of Movement, but E1.52 Vehicular Movement at night, and Illumination has no effect. When the NVR is 0 a BU vehicle can only spend MP to Stop and/or allow Passengers to (un)load, and the extra MP applies regardless of what might be Illuminated.

ScottRomanowski

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think @EagleIV has it right, the extra MP (E1.52) applies at night, regardless of the NVR or Illumination status. Similarly, if the NVR is 0, even if Illuminated, a BU vehicle may only Stop. E1.9 says "Night rules remain in effect in an Illuminated Location" with exceptions, but I couldn't find anything pertaining to vehicular movement.