Ntc 1

Scully

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Is NTC1 winnable from the red side? I just got crushed for the second time. Don't want to know how you won...just if you did. I'm going to keep plugging away at it if it's possible.

Brian

CPangracs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Scully said:
Is NTC1 winnable from the red side? I just got crushed for the second time. Don't want to know how you won...just if you did. I'm going to keep plugging away at it if it's possible.

Brian
ANYTHING is winnable! ;)

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
NTC1 very heavily favors Blue. You might be able to pull off a victory as Red, but how to do it? i'm not sure. Make a raiding force, hide it somewhere, and crush Blue's artillery?

Scully

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
James Sterrett said:
NTC1 very heavily favors Blue. You might be able to pull off a victory as Red, but how to do it? i'm not sure. Make a raiding force, hide it somewhere, and crush Blue's artillery?
That's what I was thinking. I tried a forward retrograde type defense and didn't survive past turn 5. :crosseye: I lasted a little longer when I defended back at the main line of defense that comes with the scenario...but that was because it took them longer to get there. :D

A raiding force is next.

Take care,
Brian

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well, in a lighthearted game earlier today (testing a new version of DA), I drove a tank battalion around the south and into Blue's rear - where it met with his artillery and HQs and...

surrendered. :(

I think it was smarting heavily after getting beaten up by a Blue armor BN en route, being low on supply, and way out of command. :nervous:

Fun while it lasted, though. :)

Scully

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hey James,

I just tried the same thing and got a tank bn, mrr, and my recon unit behind the lines. Unfortunately, I took them too far back. That and the fact the rest of my defense sucked ended things early, though not as early as before. Tomorrow night they will be mine... :devil:

While it feels a little bit like cheating playing the same scenario 5 times, it'll feel good if I ever win the thing. :D

Take care,
Brian

pmaidhof

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Scully said:
I just tried the same thing and got a tank bn, mrr, and my recon unit behind the lines. Unfortunately, I took them too far back.
I tried this last night, formed a unit under the southern-most brigade CP which included the tank bn, two mech bns, air defense unit. Hoped that by having the maneuver units with a HQ would prevent them from surrendering to the first PX truck that they encounter. I then assigned all of the brigade's remaining units in the vicinity of the southern fortifications to the divsion fwd/tac HQ. My raiding force got hund up on some of the severely restricted terrain while trying to avoid the southern-most minefield so it did not have to go far in order to turn the bypass the blue maneuver units and get among the HQ, CSS, Arty, etc. Had to end just when it was getting good.

I believe question is whether or not the damage done by the marauding red force can off-set the AI rolling right through the red defenses and securing the objectives.

Blue AI seems so much more adept at penetrating my red defenses than I am when the roles are reversed. :crosseye:

More to follow...