NQ, rout question.

Roy

Living in Brownbackistan
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I know I always ask easy questions but I'm going to ask another.

broken units on level 2, GO enemy units on level 1 below. The only stairwell is in this same hex. No quarter is in effect for the broken units. They are encircled.

My opponent says that they die because they are upper level encircled due to A20.21.

I think they can rout to V5 and actually have to because of NQ, despite the encirclement, also in A20.21.

A rules lawyer opinion is wanted.
Thanks.

Pyth

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
What? What? The brokies can rout through enemy occupied locations??? ... am I reading you guys correctly? Am I missing some critical detail... What part of the RB do I need to read over? The answer given here has me gobsmacked....

Wait I get it. lol to V5 second level... ok. I might have had a drink after dinner, just saying.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Just in case, the rules references are A19.12:
Unless rallied by a leader first, a Disrupted unit will surrender at the start of any RtPh it begins ADJACENT to, or during any phase it occupies the same Location as, a Good Order Known enemy Personnel unit not in Melee [EXC: No Quarter 20.3].
and A20.3 No Quarter:
The captor may opt to reject a RtPh/Disrupted surrendering unit/stack at the instant of its capture and eliminate it instead, but if he does so all other enemy units will subsequently always use Low Crawl or risk Interdiction to avoid surrendering - even if Disrupted.

Last edited: