Now that was close, second edition.

Zakalwe

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Aux cruiser "Angara" was on her way to the seas east of Japan, as these were in the past rich hunting grounds with only few defence.

This mission was different. West of the Tsushima straits she ran into 20 TBs, which luckily broke of their attack after sinking 3 and damaging 2 more.

She gained south, but then finally her luck seemed to have worn out.

Just when about to turn into her hunting grounds, the outlook reported thick smoke on the horizon, indicating a warship. She turned away, but the opponent gained on her. After some time, the warship was identified as PC "Tsushima". It was only afternoon, 4 hours to sunset. The PC gained and gained on her, finally opening up with her 152mm guns on long range.

It was along chase, luckily "Tsushima" didn`t score a hit and finally was out of Ammo with her forward guns. Still she chased "Angara" though.

When the sun set, range was down to 8,000 yrds. With visibility rapidly decreasing after sunset, "Angara" finally escaped her prey. Captain Zakalwe ordered her to RTB taking the long way home, stearing clear of the main shipping lanes. She sank one "Maru" and 3 TBs on her mission and this seemed to be enough for one mission. But she still isn`t back to the save harbour.

Nailbiting experience, I had written "Angara" off, as PC " Tsushima" entered the scene.

Phew.

`night

Z.

Bullethead

Storm Eagle Studios
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hope you sent Angara home to Vlad instead of back to PA :). It's such a pain getting her in and out of PA safely.

Zakalwe

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
That was exactly my idea, but as I knew there were around 20 Tbs lurking at the narrows on the entrance of the yellow sea, I turned back to PA. Ammo was too low.

As for getting out of PA, it isn`t much of a problem for me, my 4 fast BBs disintegrated the TF around "Chin Yen" earlier. So far my streak says 19 PCs sunk (together with 59 TBs and DDs, 5 cruisers, 1 BB, 9 Aux Cruisers, 3 Corvettes and 5 Gun Boats and 76 merchants sunk or siezed). I`m 48 days into the campaign now. My only losses are the ones from PA and Chemulpo (started "War" Campaign as I couldn`t again start from there after playing the PA attack for numerous times due to the campaign bugs at the beginning), several TB/DDs and one BB later. The Japanese Navy got a bloody nose so far.

`night

Z.