November lines at Stalingrad Question

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Howdy-

Are there any maps depicting how far the German were by November 1st in Stalingrad? Working up a CG that would take place from 1 November to 15 November during the battle. This way, for those of us who do not want to grind through a 30 day CG, can jump in at the middle part of the campaign and fight it out from 1 Nov to 15 Nov.

Scott

CTKnudsen

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
What part of Stalingrad? The line in the Barrikady/Krasny Oktabyr should be fairly easy to find. The line in the downtown was pretty static by then, running up to the factory district. I'll have a look at my Glantz when I get a chance. Can't remember what was going on up north, but I recall that the lines around Orlovka were pretty static as well.

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It looks like the Germans took everything but the commissars house by early november. Am I reading the map correctly?

CTKnudsen

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
It's funny, I am currently playing RB CGII, and it turns out that I have to capture stuff that the Germans had already taken!

CTKnudsen

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Critically, the Russians held the buildings around T3, U6, and the whole of the W and X hexrows down to about the "19" hex line. I wonder if perhaps all of the RB CGs give the Germans too much by allowing entry up to U1 - certainly the Russians seem to have held the map-edge to the east of O1 for quite some time.

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This is how I am envisioning the November 1st front line for the Germans. I think I am pretty close to where the Germans were in the actual battle.op hub front line.jpg

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Not according to the map in IoF. Your effort would be better if you bought IoF there is excellent detail for design besides the maps to help you. The line is much deeper, all the main factories have fallen to the Germans by this date.

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Almost* the Apothecary is still in Russian hands. This is the 3 rubble hex zone right where your map has the 90 degree break to the left. Also all the fuel tank farm is still in Russian hands as well (you can verify this somewhat by looking at the Nov. 11 line which shows this, and is much the same line as Nov 1.) Your long blue line from the bottom of the map to the 90 would move 4-5 hex rows to the left, but not* the 90 itself (which is good) and the rest of your line looks good until* you get to the part at grid 5 right near the the small factory. From here the line dives sharply back towards the river and reaches it just to the north of the large gully (sort of aim for the compass rose).

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Looks like the Germans had more of the Barricady then we originally thought ( IE the Last Bid Scenario). But if I recall correctly, the Germans had also had all kinds of resupply problems during the early part of November and hence their reluctance to attack until those supply issues were sorted out.

mi80j

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Howdy-

Are there any maps depicting how far the German were by November 1st in Stalingrad? Working up a CG that would take place from 1 November to 15 November during the battle. This way, for those of us who do not want to grind through a 30 day CG, can jump in at the middle part of the campaign and fight it out from 1 Nov to 15 Nov.

Scott
This is great news!
Congratulations!