November 1944

Veers

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
A thumbnail, which is what I'm clinging on by.
Wow. Extremely impressive, considering it's November 44. Nicely done, Mark. I wouldn't hope for that in our game. :devious:

EDIT: For those of you who don't want to go through the effort of downloading the file. :D

I notice there are no red formations next to your line in the east, why is that? Did you just stage a massive withdrawal and they haven't caught up yet?
I guess Italy is still in the war, as well, eh?
Do you continue to/did you ever occupy Norway?

Last edited:

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
That's pretty good stuff, Mark! If you don't outright win the game as the Germans, it can be difficult to withdraw in any semblance of order, and simply survive. You almost look like you're close to a (semi-)historical outcome.

Kudos!

:clap:

Mark Stevens

Europe Aflame Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Country
ll
"I notice there are no red formations next to your line in the east, why is that? Did you just stage a massive withdrawal and they haven't caught up yet?"

Yes, ran like a b*****d during the mud in the East, it was the only way I could free up any troops at all for the Rhine.

Still holding Norway, North Africa and Italy, but probably not for long.

Veers

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
"I notice there are no red formations next to your line in the east, why is that? Did you just stage a massive withdrawal and they haven't caught up yet?"

Yes, ran like a b*****d during the mud in the East, it was the only way I could free up any troops at all for the Rhine.

Still holding Norway, North Africa and Italy, but probably not for long.
Are you planning to remove troops from NA to defend Italy and Germany?

Mark Stevens

Europe Aflame Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Country
ll
It's a real pity, but I've many corps and division sized units scattered from Casablanca to Tobruk which are just too large for sea transport and can't divide any further. My fault, as I should have withdrawn some or all of them earlier. The whole Panzer Army Africa is still sitting in the sand, when the Western Front is crying out for decent troops.

I can't complain, as I know that the Axis simply didn't have the capability to move formations around the Mediterranean by 1943 onwards. If you wanted to be really clever you could try linking the overall sealift with Axis control of the islands, the surrender of Vichy and Italy, etc, but of course that couldn't be limited to the Mediterranean.

Veers

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
It's a real pity, but I've many corps and division sized units scattered from Casablanca to Tobruk which are just too large for sea transport and can't divide any further. My fault, as I should have withdrawn some or all of them earlier. The whole Panzer Army Africa is still sitting in the sand, when the Western Front is crying out for decent troops.

I can't complain, as I know that the Axis simply didn't have the capability to move formations around the Mediterranean by 1943 onwards. If you wanted to be really clever you could try linking the overall sealift with Axis control of the islands, the surrender of Vichy and Italy, etc, but of course that couldn't be limited to the Mediterranean.
With the way you edit Sea Tranport (Event 1: Set Sea Tranport at 1000, instead of Event 1: Sea Transport +1000), that can't be done. Perhaps in a future upgrade of T3.

Veers

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Is your opponent smartly letting your troops in NA wither away and die? Or is he on the offensive there, as well.
Related matter: Perhaps with the fall of Rome and/or Messina all Axis SPs in NA should be removed?

Raver

TOAW Ironman
Reaction score
Country
llNew Zealand
Is your opponent smartly letting your troops in NA wither away and die? Or is he on the offensive there, as well.
Related matter: Perhaps with the fall of Rome and/or Messina all Axis SPs in NA should be removed?

Sigh ... no he came lumbering after them as they withdrew, and then got a nasty surprise when they turned around and bit back.

Veers

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Sigh ... no he came lumbering after them as they withdrew, and then got a nasty surprise when they turned around and bit back.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
That happens, at least now you can just set up shop opposite them and focus on more important theatres.

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Perhaps with the fall of Rome and/or Messina all Axis SPs in NA should be removed?
Too hard to simulate properly.

If Italy is in Allied hands - yes. But what if Italy is completely German held, and Italians only quit because of Messina being raided or some such? And Greece is Axis controlled, etc? This wouldn't make sense then. And what would happen if the Axis came through Turkey and took all NA back?

Too many variables to make any changes here, imo.

Veers

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Too hard to simulate properly.

If Italy is in Allied hands - yes. But what if Italy is completely German held, and Italians only quit because of Messina being raided or some such? And Greece is Axis controlled, etc? This wouldn't make sense then. And what would happen if the Axis came through Turkey and took all NA back?

Too many variables to make any changes here, imo.
Noted.0000