Not Cleveland but Damascus....

Jacometti

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Hi all,

just a quick personal moment of reflection.....in my diary for 2020 upcoming Saturday was the day Chris and I would fly from Halifax to Cleveland for 9 days of fun and games at ASLOK, combined with the launch of our second Death To Fascism scenario pack.

What a joy that would have been.

Instead, Saturday will now be the day I am due to arrive in Damascus, Syria for 3 months of humanitarian work (after nearly a year of unintended unemployment). I am departing Canada tomorrow and travel via Beirut, Lebanon. I hope things will work out well, although I dread the travel conditions of these sickening times. And then we will see about Damascus and everything that goes on in Syria, which is no longer world news.

Hopefully the world will be a saner place come October 2021, so we might meet again in Cleveland.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Hi all,

just a quick personal moment of reflection.....in my diary for 2020 upcoming Saturday was the day Chris and I would fly from Halifax to Cleveland for 9 days of fun and games at ASLOK, combined with the launch of our second Death To Fascism scenario pack.

What a joy that would have been.

Instead, Saturday will now be the day I am due to arrive in Damascus, Syria for 3 months of humanitarian work (after nearly a year of unintended unemployment). I am departing Canada tomorrow and travel via Beirut, Lebanon. I hope things will work out well, although I dread the travel conditions of these sickening times. And then we will see about Damascus and everything that goes on in Syria, which is no longer world news.

Hopefully the world will be a saner place come October 2021, so we might meet again in Cleveland.
Watch out for yourself.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Needless to say situational awareness is the watchword over in that part of the world, especially what you will be doing. Keep your head on a swivel and mind free of dribble. Stay alert, stay alive! Best to you in many ways!
Amen to that.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
The Mistake on the Lake isn't the best venue around but I sincerely wish you and all those other ASLOkers could be here this year. Once again be safe and our thoughts are with you.

Mister T

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
The road from Beirut to Damascus is scenic. The capital itself should not be too bad. But if you venture out of it, it's a much different story methinks. Stay safe.