Not again! 12 on the 36 FP column!

Kijug

Reaction score
First name
Matt
Country
llUnited States
OK, honestly, how many of you have ever rolled <= 7 when you had the opportunity to roll on the 36 FP column? I don't think I have ever rolled low...but I got another chance the other night!

Case in point. My German 76L rolled snakes for a TH on the ITT...whoo-hoo! My German 76L gets a 36 FP at the nasty Americans with a -2 DRM for the building! Whoo hoo! I'll take that!

I roll boxcars...<snif>...2MC...OK...he rolls a three. 'nuf said. Boy I love/hate/love this game!

- Matt

Attachments

skarper

Reaction score
Country
ll
Wouldn't a 12 be a dud - or is that just for AP attacks?

skarper

Reaction score
Country
ll
OK - I guess since HE fire would be several rounds 'duds' could be subsumed in the poor result of a natural 12. Makes sense.

David Reinking

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If you play ASL long enough, you might get to enjoy the aggravating Critical Hit- Dud sequence. It has happened to me more than once.

Reactions: Del

Gamer72

Reaction score
First name
Ian
Country
llUnited Kingdom
OK, honestly, how many of you have ever rolled <= 7 when you had the opportunity to roll on the 36 FP column? I don't think I have ever rolled low...but I got another chance the other night!

Case in point. My German 76L rolled snakes for a TH on the ITT...whoo-hoo! My German 76L gets a 36 FP at the nasty Americans with a -2 DRM for the building! Whoo hoo! I'll take that!

I roll boxcars...<snif>...2MC...OK...he rolls a three. 'nuf said. Boy I love/hate/love this game!

- Matt
Shouldn’t that have been 24 FP for the crit ?

King Scott

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The memory that comes to mind is playing against Paul Simonsen in a scenario on the Red Barricades map...I was the Germans defending against Paul's Russian attack. I had a squad upstairs with a DC and Paul moved a Russian squad adjacent in the street...I thought that it would be cute to throw the DC into the street...the attack against the Russian squad does nothing, the attack against my German squad for throwing the DC resulted in a critical hit that rubbled the lower floor, thus causing the upper floor to rubble as well, killing the German squad.

That's a Warner Bros. cartoon moment right there. o_O🤣:LOL:😢

Semper Fi!
Scott

Last edited:

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Ive had a 2 on 280mm OBA....
Once I had a roll of 2 on 400mm NOBA. Must have been the Yamato, Musashi or somethin'...

Unfortunately, afterwards I had to procure a new gaming table, as per G14.651, to resolve that you need to hit the hex in question with a sledgehammer. ;)

von Marwitz

ColinJ

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Last year played a scenario involving JadgTigers and T-34\85s. My opponent managed a CH from a JadgTiger on a poor T-34-85, TK roll 6,6. Of course Karma hit back, a second T-34\85 managed to get behind the JadgTiger and manage a CH with APCR, the resulting TK roll 6,6!

These tails are what make ASL such a great game to play.

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Can someone explain how a 76mm (12 FP) CH gets tripled to 36 instead of doubled to 24?

Last edited:

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Do you know only a ‘FINAL’ DR of less than half (usually 3) is a CH or you must do a subsequent dr? It’s not like Area TT where a 2 is an auto crit.