Nostalgia Hit...

rtroha

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In '79 there was a small comic book and magazine store on Water Street in downtown Kent.
Oh man...Water Street. I'll never forget learning to drive stick shift on my buddy's 1962 Plymouth because he was too drunk to drive home after a night of hitting the bars on Water Street. I managed to get us back to Willowick in one piece.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Oh man...Water Street. I'll never forget learning to drive stick shift on my buddy's 1962 Plymouth because he was too drunk to drive home after a night of hitting the bars on Water Street. I managed to get us back to Willowick in one piece.
Well Rick you gotta start somewhere. Drunk on Water Street as good a place as any.🤗🤗🤗

BigAl737

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Shouldn’t that be “drunk on bourbon street” or is this one of those drive on a parkway, park on a driveway things? 😀

Alan Hume

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I wish I could have got out to California when Wizard's Attic was still around
that was supposed to be a pretty cool place

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
I'm sure almost all have closed but from memory here goes:
don't remember the name but it was some hobby store that was in the strip mall that has changed hands numerous times since 81 or 82 when Chris showed me SL & I went & bought my own copy here at Market St in Bossier City-Shreveport, LA.
then I bought CoI & CoD at South Park Mall out in Shreveport, LA & then picked up GI at the new Mall in Bossier City, LA.
then my dad loaned me my allowance so I could buy BV with the Rules at some new hobby store in Bossier City, LA.
then for the next few years my purchases were made at a warehouse in Biloxi, MS. the dude had a bunch of what seemed like everything! he had new stuff & old stuff & I would spend all day in there & I never walked out without spending less than $100!
then I found a place in New Orleans, LA (I think it was Kenner or Metairie specifically) that helped out my ASL collection for the next few modules.
& then it's been thru the mail cuz of the way everyone's closed down & gone to thru the mail (bookstores, games, everyone has...) 🤷‍♂️