North Seattle ASL Monthly Game Day

SamB

Shut up and play!
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hello!!

THIS SATURDAY!! (January 12, 2013)

Sorry for the late notice. I’ve been a little under the weather – and snowed under – lately. We have a GAME DAY this Saturday! If you’re a new player, we’ll have games and instruction for you.

Please RSVP so I know how many to expect.

If you know an ASL player – or a war gamer that is not on this email list, please forward.

Executive Summary: We will be having a monthly game day on the third Saturday of each month. The this one is at Round Table Pizza in Everett, Saturday, January 12 from 11 AM to 10 PM. The facility has a glass walled room with seating for 40. Come and play all day. Enjoy Pizza and soft drinks. (No alcohol in the restaurant, but this means under age players can attend.)

Round Table Pizza

305 S.E. Everett Mall Way

Everett, WA

425-267-0200

Saturday, January 12

11:00 AM to 10:00 PM

This is right across from the Everett Mall. This has easy access from the freeway & lots of free parking. This will be regular, once-a-month play the third Saturday of each month. Perhaps we can start a monthly game day in South Seattle on the first Saturday?
If you don’t have a car, let me know, we’ll setup a ride for you if possible.
Background:
A group of us met and discussed some very ambitious plans for a world class ASL game event in the Pacific Northwest. Some of our objectives include:
·Increase the number of players in the Pacific NW.
·Improve the quality of play.
·Create a unique ASL event – unlike any other and absolutely top quality.

If you’re interested in more detail regarding the long range plans, let me know and I can send you more information.
We feel the first steps now are to increase the number of games played, and the number of people playing. To do that:
·We want to encourage support and attendance at ALL the local tournaments.
·We will emphasize training players.
·We want brand new players
·We want “average” players to become more skilled.
·We want to PLAY.

And if we play in a public place, then we have a chance that someone who sees us play will ask – and we’ll snag a new player.
Details Regarding Saturday:
We’ve talked with the folks at Round Table Pizza and we have the room reserved all day. We really need to get at least 10 people playing (and presumably eating) for this to be a win for the restaurant. So please come if you can.
If you are interested in learning more about ASL, learning how to improve your game, let me know. We can immediately conduct some ad hoc training. (We plan to develop materials that can be used over and over for training new players.)
I’ll have one or two scenarios that are “doable” by three players in case we have an “odd” man. But it would be a good idea to setup a game ahead of time. I’d encourage you to invite someone to come. And if possible, setup a game with a “new” guy, or with someone you have rarely (if ever) played.
If you have 3-D maps, Miniatures or other “special” setup for ASL this would be a GREAT time to use it! These things catch the eye of potential players and may be what nets us a new player.
I mentioned that the game area is enclosed in glass. There is noise abatement, but people in the restaurant can see us playing. We’ll have a sign on the door inviting people to come in and get a closer look. The reason we are playing in a public place is to attract new players. Don’t kid yourself, we need them.
If you can’t handle pizza and soft drinks there are other eating places nearby. And Roundtable has a decent salad bar as well.
If you want to be part of the core group that is meeting to plan and create this ASL event, just say the word and I’ll include you in the emailed notices of meetings. If we have a dozen people each doing a bit, then the work is not hard and the effort is sustainable. (And the results are far better than they would be if one or two were trying to do everything.)
Don’t Stack, Roll Low
Sam

zgrose

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Zoltan
Country
llUnited States
Wow, two of my favorite things in the same place at the same time. Good luck (bit of a drive for me)!