Normandy HASL

76mm

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I had a cashier AND manager at a Taco Bell drivethrough refuse my 2$ bills. They had never seen them before and thought they were counterfeit, lol.
There was a story in the paper a couple of years ago about how a DC city official and their manager refused to recognize a marriage certificate from New Mexico because it was from a "foreign country."

Blachorn

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
There was a story in the paper a couple of years ago about how a DC city official and their manager refused to recognize a marriage certificate from New Mexico because it was from a "foreign country."
It always amazes me how low our standard in education is these days.

Grumblejones

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
dollar coins failed in the us because they don't fit in g-strings
Actually some truth to that. In 1995 I worked for Coinco and we made all the black snout dollar bill acceptors. We lobbied Congress not to proceed with dollar coins and were joined by adult industry workers. Odd bedfellows as it were…

Old Noob

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
UNfortunately, most of that goes for 'overhead' expenses. With little left over for the actual purpose of educating (?)
our young people. Throw in those groups with their own agendas, and little gets done.

johnl

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
UNfortunately, most of that goes for 'overhead' expenses. With little left over for the actual purpose of educating (?)
our young people. Throw in those groups with their own agendas, and little gets done.
Yup. Here's the problem...
During the 2020–2021 school year, LAUSD served 664,774 students, including 124,400 students at independent charter schools and 50,805 adult students. During the same school year, it had 25,088 teachers and 50,586 other employees. It is the second largest employer in Los Angeles County, after the county government.

zgrose

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Zoltan
Country
llUnited States
If you had 1 admin, 1 secretary, 1 nurse, 1 security, and 2 janitors for every 50 teachers, that's (6*500=)3000 other employees right there. Scales up pretty fast with more plausible logistics numbers. Just think about the people left out of that number that still need to be paid (i.e. the outsourced staff [the meal-prep people, groundskeepers, etc]).

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If you had 1 admin, 1 secretary, 1 nurse, 1 security, and 2 janitors for every 50 teachers, that's (6*500=)3000 other employees right there. Scales up pretty fast with more plausible logistics numbers. Just think about the people left out of that number that still need to be paid (i.e. the outsourced staff [the meal-prep people, groundskeepers, etc]).
In a thread devoted to bemoaning the downfall of American education, the irony here is THICK ;-)

Last edited:

Dave Lamb

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Pictures just posted at Winter Offensive make it appear that this was just released for sale for attendees.