volgaG68

Fighting WWII One DR At A Time
Reaction score
First name
Chris
Country
llUnited States
Re: Latest Normandy Errata

I finally got around to printing and sticking the sticky errata for all the BFP packs. I don't know how I missed this when I played through the scenarios this past fall. On the reverse side of scenario BFP-25 "From Villebaudon To Valhalla" is a duplicate reprint of BFP-21 "Ripe For The Picking". No harm, no foul really; just wondering if I'm missing a BFP-26 " ". Were all the OC packs like this? Just curious...

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States

I finally got around to printing and sticking the sticky errata for all the BFP packs. I don't know how I missed this when I played through the scenarios this past fall. On the reverse side of scenario BFP-25 "From Villebaudon To Valhalla" is a duplicate reprint of BFP-21 "Ripe For The Picking". No harm, no foul really; just wondering if I'm missing a BFP-26 " ". Were all the OC packs like this? Just curious...
A look at ROAR or at BFP's site will tell you you're not missing BFP-26. It is Armored Samurai, the first scenario in Blood & Jungle.

They were all like that, I think they just didn't want to leave a page blank and thought a second copy of that one would be handy (IIRC).

S

volgaG68

Reaction score
First name
Chris
Country
llUnited States

A look at ROAR or at BFP's site will tell you you're not missing BFP-26. It is Armored Samurai, the first scenario in Blood & Jungle.

They were all like that, I think they just didn't want to leave a page blank and thought a second copy of that one would be handy (IIRC).

S
Thanks Spencer. B&J is the only one I haven't erratacized, because it is the only one I haven't opened yet. (I know, I know...catcalls slowly fade ;) ) I just have too much other ASL on my plate. I hadn't even thought of using either of the two resources you mentioned to check it out. 'Preciate it!

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States

Thanks Spencer. B&J is the only one I haven't erratacized, because it is the only one I haven't opened yet. (I know, I know...catcalls slowly fade ;) ) I just have too much other ASL on my plate. I hadn't even thought of using either of the two resources you mentioned to check it out. 'Preciate it!
NP. And thanks for taking my post in the intended manner. I just realized how snarky it sounded and that was not my intention. It was meant to be a "here's how I checked that," not a "why didn't you check this way, dufus?" but somewhere in the sleep deprivation (bad three nights in a row now), my tact apparently got misplaced.

S

Last edited:

SamB

Shut up and play!
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Eratta: Normady is located in Italy.

Please update all references in the rules and scenarios....

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

S
Yep. That's the reason it is there.

Rick

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

There were a couple of questions in another thread on the ability of the Raketenwerfer 43 AT 88 to set up in the upper level of a Fortified Building, and backblast effects. We've looked over all of the notes on the Püppchen and are clarifying it as such:

Q: Since the Raketenwerfer is firing rockets, does it pose a backblast risk if fired from within a building?
A: No.

Q: Can the Raketenwerfer be set up in an upper level fortified building? Can the Raketenwerfer be disassembled into its 5PP SW and portaged out of an upper level fortified building and/or be reassembled there?
A: Yes; Yes.

Updated errata enclosed.

View attachment 45412
View attachment 45411

Rick

Last edited:

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Howdy-

Going to give BFP 7 Blood on Hill 192 a go and just noticed that the counter art for the pillboxes is Grey /stone but the numbers equate out to wooden pillboxes, are these supposed to be wooden pillboxes?

Scott

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Howdy-

Going to give BFP 7 Blood on Hill 192 a go and just noticed that the counter art for the pillboxes is Grey /stone but the numbers equate out to wooden pillboxes, are these supposed to be wooden pillboxes?
Scott
They are supposed to be wooden pillboxes.

Rick

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Thanks Rick, looked in the errata and could not find if that question was answered. I played it before at ASLOK and I think we used the grey PB's at the time. Still, a fantastic scenario and one I am more then happy to play again. We did think about playing something out of AP10, but sadly the scenarios are so disappointing that we went with a BFP scenario instead.

Scott

They are supposed to be wooden pillboxes.

Rick

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

On BFP-7 (a): The German OOB pillboxes should be wooden colored. Updates to errata files and sticky notes supplied below.

Rick

volgaG68

Reaction score
First name
Chris
Country
llUnited States

I was using one of the O:C counters, the '44FB w/rockets, today. I dropped the rockets on an AFV and went to exchange it for one w/out rockets. In my collection of O:C/B&J reprint counters, I found two different ones for a '44FB w/ bombs remaining. One has a '2' in the Star (special drm when firing AA at aircraft), the other has a '3'. They are identical in all other respects except the planes with a '3' are the white-core B&J reprints and the ones with a '2' are original O:C counters. I looked at the BFP Aircraft of Operation Cobra rule sheet and see the '3'-drm variety pictured as what to flip it to.

Was this a counter errata that was corrected with the B&J counter reprints; i.e. should I sort the original ones out as being superseded? Thanks!

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland

I looked at my uncut spare copy. Both the 44A and 44D rocketless FB have a 3 in the star (3*) in the original, 2009, printing and have 2* in the B&J, 2011, reprint. So the original counters correspond to the rules pages. Either a counter sheet re-do caused it or BFP had 2nd thoughts on the matter. I suspect the originals, in keeping with official counters, is the correct ones.

Last edited:

volgaG68

Reaction score
First name
Chris
Country
llUnited States

I looked at my uncut spare copy. Both the 44A and 44D rocketless FB have a 3 in the star (3*) in the original, 2009, printing and have 2* in the B&J, 2009, reprint. So the original counters correspond to the rules pages. Either a counter sheet re-do caused it or BFP had 2nd thoughts on the matter. I suspect the originals, in keeping with official counters, is the correct ones.
Yeah, Paul, was just nodding off in bed when I realized the white-core counters were the originals and the gray-core were the reprints. Too tired to get back up and change the post. I figured someone like you would catch it, though.

Knowing that now, your explanation does sound reasonable and I will assume the originals are correct because they match up with the rules page picturing them.

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland

Whoops, the reprint was 2011, not 2009, which is correct for the originals. Like yourself, late nights and age conspire to err!

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

I looked at my uncut spare copy. Both the 44A and 44D rocketless FB have a 3 in the star (3*) in the original, 2009, printing and have 2* in the B&J, 2011, reprint. So the original counters correspond to the rules pages. Either a counter sheet re-do caused it or BFP had 2nd thoughts on the matter. I suspect the originals, in keeping with official counters, is the correct ones.
The originals are the correct ones. We'll should be able to get those corrected with our reprint of CoS coming up.

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland

Yes. We could probably squeeze them into the counters for Objective:Schmidt.
For those who have all current BFP products and don't wish to buy a 2nd (or 3rd, 4th, etc) copy on them, that would be the by far preferred solution.