Xavier 658

LFT Magazine Editor
Reaction score
First name
Xavier
Country
llSpain
Hi all,

we've updated our site so that you can check what's in the pack.

It should start shipping early March.

X

JRKrejsa

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I trust some of them will be going to Gamer's Armory?

FourDeuceMF

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Xavier, is there any plan for re-issue/print of the LFT1 board (which I believe was in LFT10)? Would be nice to be able to play some of the scenarios in the later issues that utilize this board. I tried to d/l the file on the website, however after unzipping, it still doesn't have an extension nor indication of what format it is (so that it can be opened). thanks!

sswann

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Steven
Country
llUnited States
Xavier, is there any plan for re-issue/print of the LFT1 board (which I believe was in LFT10)? Would be nice to be able to play some of the scenarios in the later issues that utilize this board. I tried to d/l the file on the website, however after unzipping, it still doesn't have an extension nor indication of what format it is (so that it can be opened). thanks!
When you unzip the first file it shows a file with no extension... correct?
Add the extension ".zip" to the file and unzip it again.
You should now see a 'gif' file of the mapboard.

sswann

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Steven
Country
llUnited States
Tell the printer to maintain the Aspect Ratio at 8" x22".
If printing it yourself use a pho program that allows you to select the size at the same diminsions.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Will the boards be used in other products?

Kirby
My best guess:

If they see use in other products, it will only be in those which are also published by LFT.

Never ever can I remember of a TPP board seeing use in an 'official' scenario by MMP. Even in case that MMP republishes an originally TPP scnenario using an originally TPP board (like some Friendly Fire scenarios with its board FrFA in case of the 'Best of Friends' scenario pack), then the board is also republished with a MMP number (i.e. as board 85 in this case).

I think that even LFT would use the boards rather rarely for own future products. There is one LFT geo board with some nice coastline. I cannot remember that one being reused by LFT beside with its original publication. And if so, it would be a very rare occurrence.

von Marwitz

Xavier 658

LFT Magazine Editor
Reaction score
First name
Xavier
Country
llSpain
Hi! :)

I think that even LFT would use the boards rather rarely for own future products.
Not that sure von Marwitz :) And we also often use BFP boards in our own scenarios.

There is one LFT geo board with some nice coastline.
Board LFT 1, yes.

I cannot remember that one being reused by LFT beside with its original publication.
It has, although not on many occasions, of course: only when you play a seaborne assault... do you often play seaborne assaults?
Last that comes to my mind is LFT 240 "Commando Beach", published in LFT 14. But there are other scenarios using it as well as board LFT 2.

And if so, it would be a very rare occurrence.
Yes of course, as far as LFT 1 and 2 are concerned. But the upcoming boards NP 1, 2 and 3 are definitely different and might be used in many other ways than our 2 previous boards.

Cheers,

X

Last edited:

Xavier 658

LFT Magazine Editor
Reaction score
First name
Xavier
Country
llSpain
I may have copies of LFT 1 board, but they won't be available before mid 2022, when I'm back in France... :(

Cheers,

X

lionelc62

Reaction score
First name
Lionel
Country
llFrance
My best guess:

If they see use in other products, it will only be in those which are also published by LFT.

I think that even LFT would use the boards rather rarely for own future products. There is one LFT geo board with some nice coastline. I cannot remember that one being reused by LFT beside with its original publication. And if so, it would be a very rare occurrence.

von Marwitz
Scenarios using FT1 board (and we will have at least one more in a coming product) :

FT 98And Then They Landed
6.20​
Japanese10/5/0French6/0/01940-09-26Franc-Tireur #11
FT145Bears of Kinmen
6.00​
Red Chinese25/12/0GMD20/2/11949-10-25Franc-Tireur #12
FT240Commando Beach 1
6.33​
British10/4/1Italian16/0/41943-07-10Franc-Tireur #14
FT154First Defeat
7.00​
Japanese13/2/2Australian12/0/01942-08-27From The Cellar Pack #5
FT176Inter-Allied Attack
4.00​
Belgian / British11/3/0German12/0/21944-11-03From The Cellar Pack #7
FT115Nearly Entombed
Russian3/3/0German4/0/01942-09-18St Nazaire : Operation Chariot
BC20On the Beach
Japanese17/0/1Australian16/3/01945-06-10Aussie Battler Pack
FT110PT-109
Japanese17/0/0American (USMC)7/0/01943-11-02St Nazaire : Operation Chariot
FT136Shanghai by Sea
6.00​
Japanese14/6/0GMD15/0/01937-08-23Franc-Tireur #12
FT190The Land of Fire
7.00​
German / Romanian24/3/0Russian17/1/21943-12-05Franc-Tireur #13

For LFT 2 :

Showing 1 to 5)
IDScenarioRatingAttackerS/A/GDefenderS/A/GDatePublication
FT158Close Combat Teams
8.00​
Russian19/10/0Japanese15/0/21945-08-15From The Cellar Pack #5
FT142Cut, Slash and Mow Down
Japanese22/0/0American14/2/31944-03-24Franc-Tireur #12
FT154First Defeat
7.00​
Japanese13/2/2Australian12/0/01942-08-27From The Cellar Pack #5
FT248Hunting High
5.33​
Bulgarian15/9/2German10/3/01944-11-17Franc-Tireur #14
FT138Meeting Up at Matan
6.00​
Japanese12/0/0GMD9/0/21938-06-24Franc-Tireur #12

FT248 is from FT14, quite a recent product.

Lionel

sswann

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Steven
Country
llUnited States
Yes, mostly LFT scenarios
BUT
that does not demean the value of new board systems.
Remember that AFTER the LFT deluxe maps, then MMP came back into the DASL game.
There are scenarios in the works that also use LFT1 and LFT2.

sswann

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Steven
Country
llUnited States
Please, do not get me wrong.
MMP had done a great and fantastic job of maintaining the ASL world.
But maintaining is not innovation.
Innovation is presently coming from the third party producers.
Bounding Fire, LFT, Dispatches From The Bunker and even the newer ones like Battle Ground Design for example.
To keep this 30+ year old game stable AND GROWING, I believe that we need both.
I also believe that there is room for the very minor parts like the Swedish Volunteer pack, which should be duplicated for others.

Khill

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
very excited for this one. my two favorite 3rd party producers

sswann

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Steven
Country
llUnited States
Must make my apoligies to Pete.
His action pack maps (11x16") were a much needed innovation.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Please, do not get me wrong.
MMP had done a great and fantastic job of maintaining the ASL world.
But maintaining is not innovation.
Innovation is presently coming from the third party producers.
I have to agree.

In a way, it is a pity that not much innovation is borne my MMP. I want in no way to discount the achievements of TPPs in this regard. However, as a consequence of innovations not coming from the 'official' source, they remain limited to TPP products and there is no overall unifying thread. Take the railway stuff you are working on currently - chances are, they'll never make it into the MMP ASLRB. Although it could benefit ASL as a whole.

On the other hands, there do exists good reasons for not adding too many innovations. One of the strengths of the ASL system is not only is versatility and potential to be expanded on, but also the stability of its rules body. The ASLRB has not really changed much in all those years. As a result, it is the stable 'common ground' on which everything else rests. It would be a catastrophe, if the ASLRB would be subject to frequent change (Warhammer anyone?), because with such a complicated system which takes years to learn let alone to master, frequent changes would wreak havoc in confusing everyone.

Yet, IMHO, MMP should not just stand by and leave innovation solely to TPPs. The 'compromise' could simply be to add such things to an expanded Chapter E or to optional sections of (mainly) Chapters A-D. This way, MMP could permeate the whole playerbase with innovations which TPPs simply cannot do in the same way. At the same time, by keeping these things 'optional' the stability of the basic body of the rules would be maintained.

What I find especially regrettable is the following: I believe that once a good innovation is developed by TPPs, it is factually burned for MMP. I reckon, MMP then just can't go along to 'copy' it or to add it to their rules - unless TPPs would consent to this. And then we are on grounds on which rights, copyrights, and maybe funds might get involved. MMP, I guess, would rather abstain from the hassle.

At the same time, I think that 'innovation' should be carefully considered by TPPs. Some might be beneficial. Too much might have drawbacks. BFP has introduced a lot of new terrain types, aircraft and all sorts of things. These additional rules they might use in (any) of their future products/scenarios. Now do we want to maintain a parallel collection of BFP stuff to keep 'up to date' there? If several innovations become interdependent on each other within on TPP universe, something of a parallel world is developing. Personally, I don't have much interest in that.

von Marwitz