Nor'Easter pack II

Khill

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Hatten is pretty innovative: a pared down, cost effective, compact campaign game, light on SSR's, strong scenarios, and great replay ability. even the map is compact and beautifully rendered in winter white

sswann

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Steven
Country
llUnited States
I know of at least three other HASL campaigns of about the same size and complexity in various pipelines.
Hatten (A HASL that I like) was able to be published first.

Xavier 658

LFT Magazine Editor
Reaction score
First name
Xavier
Country
llSpain
Hi :)

What I find especially regrettable is the following: I believe that once a good innovation is developed by TPPs, it is factually burned for MMP.
Why so? The Aerosans / Aerosledges had been published by LFT well before the release of Hakkaa Päälle for example. MMP has announced a few months ago they will be releasing ASL charts (shortly after the release of our own LFT rat Charts v3). So I don't see where there is any limitation to what may be done.

I reckon, MMP then just can't go along to 'copy' it or to add it to their rules - unless TPPs would consent to this.
A long time ago, MMP asked us to publish the Bocage overlays that had been previously published by Tactiques. And of course, we agreed. For free, naturally.

IMHO, we are all concerned by the "good health" of ASL... :)

Best,

X

Maurizizio

Reaction score
First name
Maurizio
Country
llUnited States
About innovations, I guess something to be mentioned is Brevity Assault, with its Operational Level. I would love to see MMP and other TPP dig in the concept and produce more of those.

sswann

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Steven
Country
llUnited States
About innovations, I guess something to be mentioned is Brevity Assault, with its Operational Level. I would love to see MMP and other TPP dig in the concept and produce more of those.
Congrats to the Italians! They were the first to actually puiblish the Operation concept.
Designers in the US and Germany tried back in the nineties but it was totally rejected back then as junk SSRs.

Xavier 658

LFT Magazine Editor
Reaction score
First name
Xavier
Country
llSpain
Greetings Maurizio,

About innovations, I guess something to be mentioned is Brevity Assault, with its Operational Level.
I definitely agree with you.

I would love to see MMP and other TPP dig in the concept and produce more of those.
I have bought the modules but alas, have had no time to play any of those yet... I hope that when back in Europe I will be able to.

Best,

X

Tom Morin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Congrats to the Italians! They were the first to actually puiblish the Operation concept.
Designers in the US and Germany tried back in the nineties but it was totally rejected back then as junk SSRs.
I believe that the On All Fronts issue "Armor Leader in Normandy" was one of the first operational ASL games published. It was a hoot to playtest at the time, very enjoyable. Obviously it was very simple and crude compared to current products, but it was very innovative and easy to play.

sswann

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Steven
Country
llUnited States
I did not know about "On All Fronts' efforts, that now makes 4 fifferent groups that I know of that has worked on that concept at one time or another.

Maurizizio

Reaction score
First name
Maurizio
Country
llUnited States
I believe that the On All Fronts issue "Armor Leader in Normandy" was one of the first operational ASL games published. It was a hoot to playtest at the time, very enjoyable. Obviously it was very simple and crude compared to current products, but it was very innovative and easy to play.
I didn't know either. Do you think it is possible to find a copy? or maybe (this is my investor-business-dark side) rework on it and republish? 🆒

Honvik

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Fly that plane quicker! I can see the DHL update and hopefully arrives tomorrow :)

FourDeuceMF

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
A long time ago, MMP asked us to publish the Bocage overlays that had been previously published by Tactiques. And of course, we agreed. For free, naturally.

IMHO, we are all concerned by the "good health" of ASL... :)
Kudos for that. Also loved that the various Bocage scenarios of that issue were also redone...save one...probably the best of the lot - "Roses for Vandervoort". Wonder why? If it weren't an IP issue, we should 'nudge' MMP to get that one into an Annual sometime soon... :unsure:;)

Alan Hume

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I would just like to say a HUGE thank you to the good folks at LFT. I woke up this morning to the mailman ringing my buzzer and was handed a nice A4 package. I had no idea what it might be because I was not expecting anything. I opened it up to discover it was a copy of the new Yankee ASL Nor'Easter Pack II, compliments of LFT.

WOW, this was exceptionally kind of you and I really do appreciate it. Many thanks :)