Nor'easter Cancelation

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Heya Carl, how open is this event to an audience? This might be a good opportunity to promote the Nor'easter (resulting in more participants when this is over) and it's a great platform to sell the (already PDF'd) YASL scenario packs to the global audience.
One of the reasons I opened this up to a wider audience is to get folks from New England "introduced" to other players around the country and vice versa. I would be lying to say that was not in the back of my mind. I hadn't thought about the Nor'easter 1 Pack, although I believe the majority of the players expressing interest have been in for a while and probably are aware of them. I might put them up on Facebook again as a reminder though. I understand here is not the place to do so.

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
One of the reasons I opened this up to a wider audience is to get folks from New England "introduced" to other players around the country and vice versa. I would be lying to say that was not in the back of my mind. I hadn't thought about the Nor'easter 1 Pack, although I believe the majority of the players expressing interest have been in for a while and probably are aware of them. I might put them up on Facebook again as a reminder though. I understand here is not the place to do so.
Proposal : if you have the VASL rooms labelled "Nor'easter" and tell the global audience on FB that anyone is welcomed to be a spectator, that will create a terrific buzz (especially when most of the world's in lockdown) which lends itself well to a much more extended prospect list for the Nor'easter Pack.

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Proposal : if you have the VASL rooms labelled "Nor'easter" and tell the global audience on FB that anyone is welcomed to be a spectator, that will create a terrific buzz (especially when most of the world's in lockdown) which lends itself well to a much more extended prospect list for the Nor'easter Pack.
Way ahead of you. Labeled NE before the title and allow the players to make the call on spectators so long as they ask. I recommend the guys lock the rooms, because it only takes one......………………………….with my one track vocabulary, it can sometimes be difficult to be adequately descriptive...…………………….shall we say, rectal orifice…………….. to pop in and deliberately ruin a game. Sure there is the back button but it is a pain. So there is that. Granted it is rare, but apparently does still happen with some frequency. Some of these points will be covered in an email, I hope to get out tomorrow to participants, if my day off from work stands. No guarantee that.

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Way ahead of you. Labeled NE before the title and allow the players to make the call on spectators so long as they ask. I recommend the guys lock the rooms, because it only takes one......………………………….with my one track vocabulary, it can sometimes be difficult to be adequately descriptive...…………………….shall we say, rectal orifice…………….. to pop in and deliberately ruin a game. Sure there is the back button but it is a pain. So there is that. Granted it is rare, but apparently does still happen with some frequency. Some of these points will be covered in an email, I hope to get out tomorrow to participants, if my day off from work stands. No guarantee that.
You Master Hustler you