Non OVR

PBM

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If a vehicle needs to pass through an open ground hex that contains an enemy infantry unit is it required to make an OVR?

If not, does it have to use bypass movement to avoid the 1/4 of total MP penalty for an OVR or can it just drive right over them for the normal open ground cost?

The situation is a tank needing to exit the board and the safest/shortest route is through the open ground hex. However if it has to do the overrun it will not have enough MP to get offboard.

Larry

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
OVR is an attack option. The vehicle can move into an enemy occupied hex and keep on trucking. The AFV is subject to fire attacks that could derail the mission! :devious:

PBM

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks,
In this situation does the infantry have any of the CC REACTION FIRE options open to it since the vehicle is not going to do the overrun? I would think no but just making sure. The infanty has no PF or ATM inherient and not support weapons so it looks like I will be leaving it in the dust.

Ole Boe

Reaction score
Country
llNorway
PBM said:
Thanks,
In this situation does the infantry have any of the CC REACTION FIRE options open to it since the vehicle is not going to do the overrun? I would think no but just making sure. The infanty has no PF or ATM inherient and not support weapons so it looks like I will be leaving it in the dust.
Yes, the Infantry may use CC Reaction Fire even if there were no OVR. They must normally first pass a PAATC though.

Check D7.2-.21 and OVR Chart (Defensive Fire Options with no OVR).