Non-ASL Games Sale on over at MMP

Reepicheep

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Folks,

MMP are having a game sale for a few weeks of some of their Gamers games to give folks who are not familiar with Gamers games a chance to dip a toe in the water for a more than reasonable price. And as Brian said, it doesn't hurt for them to make a few bucks to help pay for BV's reprint and clear out some warehouse space.

There are three games on sale in each of the Tactical Combat Series (TCS), Standard Combat Series (SCS) and Civil War Brigade Series. Most are reduced in price by about 50%, so there are some real bargains to be had.

So if interested, drop on over to ... MMP Sale Page

Cheers,
Andrew

CPRad

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Reepicheep said:
Folks,

There are three games on sale in the Tactical Combat Series (TCS), Most are reduced in price by about 50%, so there are some real bargains to be had.

So if interested, drop on over to ... MMP Sale Page

Cheers,
Andrew
I have a very personal attachment to this series. I would recommend any of the three.
If you're looking for a break from ASL's very quick action time (in some cases to quick :rolleye: ) I suggest trying one of these.

Bloody Ridge is up on pre-order and is a fine PTO game, small in design and a good intro to TCS. BUT Hey!! at the sale price for the three TCS I'd get one of those as well anyway.

just my two cents ..

Reepicheep

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Two weeks or so, or until stocks run out (so Brian wrote on ConSim). He said he accidentally added some titles he shouldn't have, so there will be one or two new titles appearing on the sale page soon. The accidentally-added ones are still there for now though (whichever ones they are), but may disappear at some point.

Priest

Reaction score
Reepicheep said:
Two weeks or so, or until stocks run out (so Brian wrote on ConSim). He said he accidentally added some titles he shouldn't have, so there will be one or two new titles appearing on the sale page soon. The accidentally-added ones are still there for now though (whichever ones they are), but may disappear at some point.
Accidental???????

byouse

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yeah, she told me to put up Malvern Hill as we have plenty of stock, I put up Gains Mill by mistake.

Not everything in life is a conspiracy...

hanzelmans

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Matanikau

I purchased Matanikau off of E-bay a few weeks ago for over $30 plus postage. If I would've exhibited some form of control I could've saved $10!

Now all I need is an opponent.

kdalton

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
FYI from Brian

"FYI, we've got, to the best of my knowledge, under 40 Gazala's remaining.

Stocks of other sale items seem OK at this time, with Crusader being likely to sell out shortly at this pace as well.

Brian"

Reepicheep

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Well I've done my bit to help the cash-flow-for-BV situation along! :)

Three SCS and two TCS games on their way to me! And if they're fun, the prospect of more...

Chas

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I did order one game, but can someone give me some details/feedback on crusader and gazala?

thanks much
chas

Reepicheep

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Someone else asked a similar question at ConSim and this was one reply...

Crusader is one map and very finish-able. Gazala is two maps and really by most people's standards it is almost a monster game.

I like them both, but I haven't finished enough Gazala games to know for sure just what is going on there.

Crusader is very lightweight but replayable. At first it feels all wrong but once you get your balance and see how the game works it recreates the battle pretty well.

Both games have incredibly high movement rates so get ready to zoom all over the maps.
There's also a review of Crusader at the Wargamer here.

CPRad

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Reepicheep said:
Well I've done my bit to help the cash-flow-for-BV situation along! :)

Three SCS and two TCS games on their way to me! And if they're fun, the prospect of more...

I'll use this post to answer Chas question as well. I have all the TCS games and both SCS that Chas is refering to. The rules are simple to grasp but meaty enough to make it a great rep for the desert warfare. Fast action and like the quote Andrew directs you to, with the high movement rate your units are moving all over. I haven't played lately but I do think there are rules to limit the armour (German) but I'm not sure. All in all a great game a nice change from the "heavy mental" : ) games of ASL.

TCS games are also great, once you plot your action and commit to orders you are (depending on specific rules)are hamstrung on quick reaction towards the enemy. A well planned defense or offense will go a long way. The games are different every time you play.

kdalton

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Update on Gamers Items Sale

Posted by Brian on Consim:

BAD NEWS - MY FAULT

No, it's not that Boston lost last night....

I had Gazala and Crusader mixed up. Crusader is now out of print. We have about 100 Gazala remaining.

If you have already ordered Crusader we will be crediting your charge card the correct amount.

Additionally, Matanikau appears to be out of print as well. I thought, was sure, almost would bet a finger that we had a few more case boxes, but I guess they were sold without me knowing about it.

Ditto on Matanikau billing, if you bought it and we're out then we'll credit your card.

Finally, went to the warehouse this morning to check. We have at most 1/2 a pallet of games for the sale games which are -not- MMP produced (ie., Screaming Eagles and Op Michael - we have plenty of those). Everything else we are at half pallet or so or less. That means about 150 - 180 games or less of some classic Gamers games.

Get 'em while you can.

Oh, and to stave off the dozens of emails, we have no plans to reprint Crusader or Matanikau at this time. Sorry.

Brian

Mark Warren

Reaction score
Country
ll
Hey Keith,

Were there any Crusader or Matanikau's left at all? Did any orders go out with them?

If my order with Matanikau hasn't shipped yet, any chance it can be replaced with A Frozen Hell? I've just noticed you've put that up instead.

kdalton

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi Mark:

I can't answer that one, unfortunately. Your best bet would be to call the office and ask. They have your order particulars. I have access to preorder info, but not the regular order stuff.

K