NOBA Question

Ganjulama

Tuco B.P.J. Maria Ramirez
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Per G14.661 BUILDINGS: A Multi-Story Building (B23.23) that is also multi-hex can create Reverse Slope hexes as if the building were a hill of the same full-level height.

What happens to hex KK11 if KK10 is rubbled? Is it attacked during the same fire phase?

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
View attachment 9296

Per G14.661 BUILDINGS: A Multi-Story Building (B23.23) that is also multi-hex can create Reverse Slope hexes as if the building were a hill of the same full-level height.

What happens to hex KK11 if KK10 is rubbled? Is it attacked during the same fire phase?
All attacks are simultaneous so the rubble is not there when KK11 is attacked.
Once it is rubble, KK11 is vulnerable in subsequent phases of the same turn (rout, advance etc.)

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
All attacks are simultaneous so the rubble is not there when KK11 is attacked.
Once it is rubble, KK11 is vulnerable in subsequent phases of the same turn (rout, advance etc.)
Not aware of any rule that says OBA attacks are simultaneous. Not aware of any rules that say OBA rules are not simultaneous either, but I would consider that COWTRA means following the mechanics as given, i.e. the effects of rubbling a hex may open the possibility of attacking another hex.

Another situation to consider: two hexes, Hex A & Hex B, of a level two building are in an OBA FFE. Hex A is attacked first and rubbled. Hex A creates falling rubble into Hex B, rubbling Hex B as well. Hex B does not create falling rubble. Now Hex B is attacked. If Hex B is attacked "simultaneously", is it attacked as a level two building, giving it a second chance to create falling rubble? Is it possible that units formerly in Hex B (eliminated by the chain of rubble from Hex A) would still be attacked by this "simultaneous" attack, possibly resulting in SAN attacks (and perhaps other side effects I have not thought of) when they take MCs due to the attack on Hex B?

JR

Ganjulama

Tuco B.P.J. Maria Ramirez
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Perhaps a question to Perry is in order? I'm not sure as I like to gather the thoughts of the hivemind before submitting QA. I'm thinking JRVs response makes more sense. This will come up when I buy 350mm NOBA during the CtR CGII.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
C1.5 does not specify in which order one rolls the attacks vs the hexes in the FFE area. So I would assume that the owner of the OBA decides.

Looks to me one resolves the attack vs one hex first, applies all the results, and then move on the the next hex, etc., etc. All rounds are probably not impacting at the same time anyway.