No quarter and disruption

Juan SantaX

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
A disrupted unit will not surrender to an adjacent unit if No Quarter is in effect

But will it rout? It seems to me that no as "....Disrupted infantry do not rout unless in a Blaze Location (B25.4) or an Open Ground (as per 10.531) or Water Obstacle hex (as per B21.43) or if the only armed enemy units ADJACENT are in-Melee/ berserk/vehicular (20.21) and may not use Low Crawl [EXC: Night (E1.54)]... "

What happens then? They die for failure to rout?

TIA

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
They rout if no quarter is in effect.

See the comprehensive rout example.

The Disrupted squad in Q2 could rout to P1 (where it would then be Eliminated for Failure to Rout) or to P2 and then stop upon seeing the KEUs in J6

johnl

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think A20.3 allows a disrupted unit to rout but it would FTR if no legal rout route is available.

20.3 NO QUARTER: The captor may opt to reject a RtPh/Disrupted sur-
rendering unit/stack at the instant of its capture and eliminate it instead, but
if he does so all other enemy units will subsequently always use Low Crawl
or risk Interdiction to avoid surrendering—even if Disrupted.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
A20.3 as well:
"The captor may opt to reject a RtPh/Disrupted surrendering unit/stack at the instant of its capture and eliminate it instead, but if he does so all other enemy units will subsequently always use Low Crawl or risk Interdiction to avoid surrendering—even if Disrupted. ..."

Juan SantaX

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
Thank you! I should have read the no quarter rule, not only the disruption rule

Juan SantaX

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
I do not mean to sound flippant, But why would you not read both sections when you mentioned them in the title
Because I expected that exception in the same rule? Anyway, I dont know what means flippant, and the translator doesnt give a clue of the real meaning, but I must understand from your post that I must read more carefully the rules before I ask any doubt. Well, I take note, and I will try not to make stupud questions.

Anyway Thx.

Doug Leslie

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Because I expected that exception in the same rule? Anyway, I dont know what means flippant, and the translator doesnt give a clue of the real meaning, but I must understand from your post that I must read more carefully the rules before I ask any doubt. Well, I take note, and I will try not to make stupud questions.

Anyway Thx.
Given the complexity of the rulebook, there are very few “stupid“ questions that can be posed. It is very common for answers to questions to be in a part of the rules that you don’t expect. I find it mind boggling that anyone whose first language isn’t English even attempts to make sense of ASL. You should never feel reluctant to ask a question in case it might be regarded as “stupid”. If you don’t know the answer then, by definition, it isn’t.

SSlunt

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I dont know what means flippant,...
Flippant means Not showing a serious or respectful attitude.

So what I meant was I was being respectful when I asked the question

And I agree with Doug Lesile when he is amazed with people who try to play this game when English is not thier first language