No of Wii Units for UK?

Johno

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Does anyone have an approximate number of wii's there will be for the uk launch?

Just curious, because i feel as though i could just walk into my local woolworths on the day and get one without pre-ordering, no one at school or stays near me knows about the wii or cares about getting one on launch day.

bradas

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Errrm, i dont actually think there has been a No. announced has there?
Only rumors i think....

Mike

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Well seeing as alot of Wii's are being made, and Nintendo hope to supply new stock every week, so I would imagine that some stores will have a few left over, as it isnt like the PS3 where not too many consoles have been made in time.

Steph

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Johno said:
Just curious, because i feel as though i could just walk into my local woolworths on the day and get one without pre-ordering, no one at school or stays near me knows about the wii or cares about getting one on launch day.
I asked my supervisor about something similar on Saturday and she said Woolworths are only taking preorders, so it's very likely they won't have many consoles in store at all. They're still taking preorders now though if you want to preorder it just in case, but i reckon we're going to run out any day now.

And you might be able to speak for the people in your school, but you can't say whether anyone else (adults) in your area don't know or care about the Wii, lol. :p After all it's being released within weeks of Christmas; the second it's out it'll fly off shelves. ;)

Steph

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Lol, well i wish you all luck. Just don't complain if there's none in stock because over-anxious parents and hardcore fans got there before you. :rolleyes:

A little heads up though: Woolworths don't do midnight launches, i asked on Saturday ( :mad: ) but it is very likely they'll open around 7.30am on launch day. I'll double check this on Thursday when i'm next working but the time will depend on the type of Woolworths store. ;)

Johno

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Steph you work at woolworths right?

I went in earlier after school and their was a leaflet, however, their wasn't anything stating deposits on pre ordering.

Do you know if they take deposits or do they want the full £179.99 on pre-ordering there and then.

Steph

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Yeah, they don't want a deposit there and then, but you do need a credit card. They hold your details until either the Wii's been shipped to your home or until you come and collect it and they confirm it's been collected, then they take the payment from your card.

It might be best to check with your local Wooloworths to see what time they're opening on launch day. Just don't ask someone that doesn't work on entertainment: as my supervisor says, they know nothing about what goes on in our department. :p

Bootaaay

Nibelung Valesti
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Apparantly Nintendo are prioritizing high street non-gaming stores like Woolworths, Curries and Dixons - meaning you'll more than likely be able to get one on the day from either of those places, but Game, Gamestation and online game stores will probally have a pretty limited ammount of stock.

Johno

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Thanks Steph

Maybe i should pre-order now before its too late, i phoned my friend 2 minutes ago who was in the city and he said HMV and Virgin have sold out, ive pretty much underestimated the demand for it :dead:

Jim

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
hmm, i dont have funds to pre order so i really hope i can just walk in a get one :D

ehandlr

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You can't find a Wii unless your lucky in the states either. They are sold out...however I still don't think they have reached their launch goal or even came close to it. If Nextgenwar.com is correct...they are less then 1/4 of their promised shipment.

Martin_Flores

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Jim said:
hmm, i dont have funds to pre order so i really hope i can just walk in a get one :D
if you have the funds to go and buy one then you have the funds to preorder one :up:

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The states should be getting some more this week since friday was second shipment and they'll probably do it weekly.

Steph

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Bootaaay said:
Apparantly Nintendo are prioritizing high street non-gaming stores like Woolworths, Curries and Dixons - meaning you'll more than likely be able to get one on the day from either of those places, but Game, Gamestation and online game stores will probally have a pretty limited ammount of stock.
Cool, i didn't know that: i was shocked when my friend was able to take a preorder on Saturday for it. I told her almost everywhere else has stopped taking preorders because they're all filled.

@ Johno: No problem. Try and preorder tomorrow or Wednesday if you can. I'm pretty sure we're very close to running out too.

@ Jim: If you're planning on getting one after Christmas, then yeah, there might be some difficulty in getting one at GAME or Gamestation. But if you try, like Bootaaay said, places like Woolworths, Currys and Dixons you might have a little more luck in finding one when you walk in. :)

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In the US, it was by no means easy to get a Wii, but if you applied yourself enough to wait outside of a store for a few hours (not overnight) it wasn't that difficult to get one. I know of a few people that only had to wait around outside of a best buy or toys r us for an hour or two and they got one just fine.