No Image

burniefox

Doomsower
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Posted this on FB, but figured I'd cross-post here.

Was setting up a game this afternoon and I came across this "No Image" situation. VASL 6.6.2. NBD, didn't effect my game, just wanted to throw it out there and make...whoever...aware. Carry on.

DougRim

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I think this is just a placeholder. I can't see anything missing?

They used to show as blank but recent VASSAL changes show the No Image message. Not so useful.

uckelman

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
That's not an empty space. It's a piece that has no image. It might be worth checking on it, since either the piece should have an image but doesn't, or the piece shouldn't exist at all.

DougRim

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
That's not an empty space. It's a piece that has no image. It might be worth checking on it, since either the piece should have an image but doesn't, or the piece shouldn't exist at all.
I believe it is a deliberately a piece with no image. Whether that is a smart thing or not is a question. . .

BigAl737

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I use them as spacers to organize and arrange the other pieces in the window. Since there’s no image you can’t select them. Before the no image tag you didn’t know they were there.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
I use them as spacers to organize and arrange the other pieces in the window. Since there’s no image you can’t select them. Before the no image tag you didn’t know they were there.
I see. Maybe for those purposes one could use a 'plain white' image.

von Marwitz