no communication on MMP website

Fireguy

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I just want to point out that it has now been a year since MMP has posted anything in their blog section on their website. I know chas has done a good job of updating everyone here but I get pleasure at pointing out the lack of communication on their own website. Maybe one day it will make a difference... but probably not.

horseshoe

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It really doesn't make any sense at all. Not everyone who plays ASL or the other MMP games are on these or any other forum and rely on the website for info. I know, I used to be one of them...

rcarter

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Agreed. I think it makes it seem that nothing is going on. I keep up w/ the forums but an updated website blog makes it seems like things are active. Maybe that is not a big deal to the MMP folks but I think it is a good thing ...

Srynerson

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I just want to point out that it has now been a year since MMP has posted anything in their blog section on their website. I know chas has done a good job of updating everyone here but I get pleasure at pointing out the lack of communication on their own website. Maybe one day it will make a difference... but probably not.
Yeah, this is a drum I beat on periodically too and it doesn't seem to make a difference. I know that most of MMP's staff have other jobs, but it really shouldn't be a major problem to have someone put up quarterly updates of just a paragraph or two.

Last edited:

kynken

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yeah, this is a drum I beat on periodically too and it doesn't seem to make a difference. I know that most of MMP's staff have other jobs, but it really shouldn't be a major problem to have someone put up quarterly updates pf just a paragraph or two.
I agree totally. I know the have a snail pace in releasing ASL material, and that is fine, but a little tidbit now and then would help stop the chatter a little.

kynken

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yeah, this is a drum I beat on periodically too and it doesn't seem to make a difference. I know that most of MMP's staff have other jobs, but it really shouldn't be a major problem to have someone put up quarterly updates pf just a paragraph or two.
oops, twice in a row..

Jude

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You know, I found this site simply BECAUSE of MMP's lack of communication in their blogs. So one good thing happened from it. However, why have a blog tab on their website if they never update it? When the last new blog thread is amost a year old (Perry's Panzerblitz thread), it makes them look like their not supporting - or at least interested in promoting - thier own products. Makes no sense. They should just take it down or put links to this site and others that they frequent. At least then visitors could get SOME information...

Last edited:

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I thought that MMP had hired someone to be the "MMP Minister of Propaganda" (aka Communications Guy).....

But since we haven't heard nothing from HIM, maybe MMP is going to hired "Baghdad Bob"..... At least he talked.....

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I thought that MMP had hired someone to be the "MMP Minister of Propaganda" (aka Communications Guy).....

But since we haven't heard nothing from HIM, maybe MMP is going to hired "Baghdad Bob"..... At least he talked.....
All your counters are belong to us!

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You know, I found this site simply BECAUSE of MMP's lack of communication in their blogs. So one good thing happened from it. However, why have a blog tab on their website if they never update it? When the last new blog thread is amost a year old (Perry's Panzerblitz thread), it makes them look like their not supporting - or at least interested in promoting - thier own products. Makes no sense. They should just take it down or put links to this site and others that they frequent. At least then visitors could get SOME information...
Imagine the busiest most creative time in Your life. Now multiply it times 10. Now you know why they have no time.

Bob

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Imagine the busiest most creative time in Your life. Now multiply it times 10. Now you know why they have no time.

Bob

bkemp01

Reaction score
First name
Brian
Country
llUnited States
They have time to post on ConsimWorld, the official place for MMP news. Why the official place for MMP news is not the MMP website is a mystery.

Jude

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Even though the average age of the typical ASLer tends to skew older, I’d hope that ALL of us are at the most creative and productive times of our lives. And in our lives, we often have days, weeks, or maybe months where we experience situations that raise our workload to 5, 10, maybe more, times the norm – and I’m not even including our home lives. However, even through those times, I’m sure we could all sit down for 15 minutes and write a quick blog post; maybe not daily or even weekly, but surely in less than a year’s time.

That’s the point, MMP is a company who (I would think) should - and would proud to - be actively promoting their fine products on their website. Even if not all of the employees are full time, someone should have a spare minute or two to put some kind of word out. Otherwise, just take down the blog tab – which is basically why (I assume) Fireguy started this thread in the first place. Why have it if they're never going to update it?

fwheel73

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Even though the average age of the typical ASLer tends to skew older, I’d hope that ALL of us are at the most creative and productive times of our lives. And in our lives, we often have days, weeks, or maybe months where we experience situations that raise our workload to 5, 10, maybe more, times the norm – and I’m not even including our home lives. However, even through those times, I’m sure we could all sit down for 15 minutes and write a quick blog post; maybe not daily or even weekly, but surely in less than a year’s time.

That’s the point, MMP is a company who (I would think) should - and would proud to - be actively promoting their fine products on their website. Even if not all of the employees are full time, someone should have a spare minute or two to put some kind of word out. Otherwise, just take down the blog tab – which is basically why (I assume) Fireguy started this thread in the first place. Why have it if they're never going to update it?
I think the biggest supporters and "advertisers" is you, me and us. We play the game, talk about the game, teach the game and hear updates about the game from MMP.... some of it right here. It appears to me that there may be just enough news with what we do to make it worthwhile for MMP not to worry about we ASL lovers.

I'd like more news but it will not make me buy the next ASL addition as I am already commited.:)

Best regards, :salute:
John

Jude

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think the biggest supporters and "advertisers" is you, me and us. We play the game, talk about the game, teach the game and hear updates about the game from MMP.... some of it right here. It appears to me that there may be just enough news with what we do to make it worthwhile for MMP not to worry about we ASL lovers.

I'd like more news but it will not make me buy the next ASL addition as I am already commited.:)
Oh I don't disagree with anything you said. Most of us ASL folks are diehards. Probably been playing since AH and SPI were in their heydays. However, for someone new to ASL – maybe they picked up a starter kit – the first place they'd probably look to for more information is the MMP website. That should be the place where someone should hear about all the new and exciting upcoming products first. They shouldn't have to rely on outside sources. If I were new and I visited their website and saw the last blog update was a year old, I'd wonder how much support – or interest – they truly have for their products. You would think that a company’s website is there to sell AND promote their products.

Believe me, I’m not bashing MMP. I’m glad they have taken the torch to continue my favorite game. I’m just agreeing that their communication on their own website leaves A LOT to be desired.

Perry

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I’m just agreeing that their communication on their own website leaves A LOT to be desired.
Are you suggesting that we communicate primarily on our website in lieu of here or on CSW or BGG?

Drive everyone to our website?

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Are you suggesting that we communicate primarily on our website in lieu of here or on CSW or BGG?

Drive everyone to our website?
Perry, it's probably not a black or white issue.

Jude's suggesting two groups of customers :

1. Communications to customers as newbies on the MMP website - new client acquisition
2. Communications to customers as diehards on forums such as GS - nurturing existing client base.

Seems to makes sense ~

Jude

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

1. Communications to customers as newbies on the MMP website - new client acquisition
2. Communications to customers as diehards on forums such as GS - nurturing existing client base.

Seems to makes sense ~
Thanks Jackson,
That's exactly what I meant. As a noob, maybe I bought an ASL starter kit or a non ASL MMP game. I visit the MMP website and a couple of clicks later and I check out all these cool things in the pipeline for ASL (because it is updated periodically). Now I'm interested and I might buy more ASL items (or make an ASL purchase in the latter case).

As a veteran ASLer, I'm already on this site. But even here, I still read a bunch of speculation about upcoming products re: Whither Manila thread.

I would just think from a company standpoint I would always want my customers to come to my website first so I can showcase my products and give official updates. Once I have them hooked, they can certainly branch out. I wouldn’t expect them to use a search engine to try and find sites like this one first.

Perry

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Seems to makes sense ~
So its more a matter of MORE communication spread over different sites?

I prefer to engage in _better_ communication because that seems more feasible right now than _more_ communication.
As we struggle to engage in both, however, please feel free to share.
Which was (and is) sorely lacking from the fora on our website, the major reason for its quietude. I acknowledge our own responsiblity in the matter, but there is little incentive for us to post there since it saw so little traffic.